GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thumbs up Good news, bad news

Well the bad news is it looks like I will be halting any upgrades on my silverado for a while. The good news is the reason why. It looks as if I will be welcoming a new addition to my GM family. I felt it was time for Suzie (my beautiful Silverado) to have a new sister (who is actually 52 yrs older than her). http://www.bismanonline.com/getListi...3&p=2&a=374563

I saw this ad and had to call right away. This 52 looks almost exactly like the one that was stolen in AZ while I was restoring it. The difference is I bought the first one for 1k not running and in way worse condition. This man is willing to give this one to me for $550 and even throw in a working engine and some parts that are missing (headlight and trim). Who could pass up that deal? This man also runs a junk yard which periodically gets parts I can use for this restore. I told him I will buy it so I will be heading out on Monday hopefully to go get it, crossing my fingers the whole way that this isn't too good to be true. I will definitely keep you all posted on this build. I will also post a list of to-do's for this truck once I give her a good look over.

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

Wow not a bad deal for $600. Home Run on that deal!
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Can anybody help me out with what has to happen when there is no title for the vehicle? I am looking on the Department of Motor Vehicles site for ND and can't find anything to clear this up for me.

I don't think you'll need a title on a truck that old. We don't here in Maine.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

lol on the listing, it says year and the guy put 2010

Nice find. That will be an awesome looking truck when fully restored.
    01 Silverado Ext
    4x4
    pewter
    billet grille
    step bars

Legend
    Blog Entries

I think the reason you got it for $600 is the title issue, I don't know what it's like where you live. What happens is when you go to get a title for this truck they are going to ask if you have one, when you say "No" they are going to issue you a new title. The problem with this is it will be titled as a 2009 or 2010 model, now for someone who is really into older cars this is a big deal. The big deal in an emissions state is you would have to have that truck smog tested with a new title which you don't want, if somehow you could get a hold of a 1952 chevy truck title then you wouldn't have a problem. If I were you I would hold off until I could locate an old title, from personal experience my dad has bought several old titles for $75 each at the National Goodguy's swap meets. Over the past 5 years he has picked up titles dating as far back as 1930, so they are out there but they are hard to come by. Good luck with your new truck, and hopefully it will turn into a nice cruiser.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

well congrats to the addition. my sister and her husband have one and its a beauty. hope it goes well for you.

On the title issue I hear that I can apply for a lost title and they will reissue one. I'm not sure if it will read 09 or 2010 on it though. I will look into that. The cool thing is though that I still have the open title for the 52 that was stolen from me in AZ. I thought that a title was for that specific vehicle though. What would I do with a 1952 3/4 ton title from another truck? Very interested in this aspect of it because I have never heard of purchasing just the title. I'm not too keen on the whole DMV side of things, I hate that place lol. Thanks for the info.

-Greg
    Last edited by Crakums_GT; 05-31-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Legend
    Blog Entries

The best way to find out how to do it is go to a couple swap meets or car shows, and talk to the people that sell these things. Normally the guys that sell vintage license plates will sell titles, they won't advertise it but if you ask them they usually have a little metal case they pull out and it's full of titles. I checked around your area for a Goodguys show and the closest one is in Spokane Washington, which I know is way far away for you. As a matter of fact my dad just went and got plates for a 1930 model A, and he took the title he bought off of a guy at the show and all the woman asked was a few yes or no questions and he got it.

The best people to ask are the people at "Street Beasts", they produce fiberglass replicas of today's top cars and trucks for people who can't build a street rod from scratch or don't have the time. The biggest complaints with those cars are they have to be titled as a new car with a new car title, so they can't go all crazy with the engines or the custom side of the sport. Perfect example is a 32' Ford Highboy from "Street Beasts" has to have full fenders over the tires, and it must have seat belts equipped in it being titled as a new car. An original 32' Ford high boy with an original title does not require fenders, because they were not on the vehicle when it was produced back in 1932. Also it does not require seat belts either, you have got to get tied in with an old car crowd first and then get asking around for titles. I guarantee you will find someone who has done it, my dad found out by going to 100's of shows and drinking lot's of beers with the Model- A club to find this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by