GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Sport King A/T Tires

I just wanted to comment on the tires I put on my truck. Due to our wonderful economic conditions I decided not to spend the money on BFG AT KO's. I did a lot of research, tire rack, tread depot, discount tire, etc. I had Firestone Destination A/T's on there but were ready to come off at 35,000 miles due to being at the tread wear indicators. I ended up getting tires at a local place:

265/75R16 all 4 installed for $570

I was really skeptical about putting an off brand tire on my truck. They are Sport King A/T Tires. I have tried to find out who they are made by and depending on which source you listen to. I have heard both BFG and Michelin. Either way you look at it - not bad. I've now logged 3000 miles on these tires and I am very impressed. I used to haul a lot but not anymore so I opted to put P-Metric's back on instead of the Load Range C's. The ride aside (due to pulling LRC's off) this tire is impressive. No hydroplaning, slightly noisier, very stable, and cornering is improved.

I just wanted to leave some feedback for these. Would definitely recommend!!

Z71_Man
    2003 Chevy 1500 Z71 Extended Cab
    Cullman, AL

Thanks for the info'! I think that those tires are made be the same folks that make "Dominator" tires.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

If that's the case, they're porbably some nice tires! Before I got my 33's on, I had a set of 31" Dominator A/S's on and they were great tires!
    Current truck: 1996 Ford 250, 7.3 Powerstroke diesel. Dana 60 SAS, stage 1 160cc injectors, T500 High Pressure Oil Pump, TS 6-position chip, full 4" exhaust, intake, 285 Falken Rocky Mountain AT's, boost/EGT/trans temp pillar gauges, etc...

Legend

They are made by BFG
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Jr. Mechanic

So you didn't have any good luck with the Firestone Desination A/T's? I just ordered some brand new 285/70/r17 for my truck? Anybody else have experience with these tires?
    My first Chevy :great:
    2005 Silverado 1500 ECSB Z71 5.3L:
    3'' Aero Turbine exhaust with side dump
    6000k HID's Highs, lows and fogs with H-4 mod
    Rough Country Full Leveling Kit
    285/70/17 Firestone Destination A/T's
    Dick Cepek DC1
    EFI Live
    more to come..

Default sports kings

I had a set of them years ago. I liked them alot, there a good tire for the price
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

well, I believe Sport King is made by BFG and is made by Michelin. therefore they are all the same. I have heard decent things baout these too. glad you are happy!!
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    So you didn't have any good luck with the Firestone Desination A/T's? I just ordered some brand new 285/70/r17 for my truck? Anybody else have experience with these tires?
    Yes & No. They were great for city driving and hydroplaning until I got down to about half tread life. Then they would hydroplane at will. My treadlife was OK I guess at 35,000+ but not the 50K they were originially expected to get when I bought them.

Off road they were decent until you get into clay or old coal mine mud, then you can forget it. They didn't clean out real well. Maybe you will have better luck than I did with the Firestone A/T's.

i had a set of the sport kings and didnt get many miles out of them due to gravel driving. maybe got 18,000 out of them

Default Update

30,000 on them now. No major complaints other than slight cupping. Rotating every 5K with 38psi in front tires and 35 psi in the rear tires. Extra pressure seems to help up front since they are P series and not LT.