GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by

I'm not saying this is the case only that it is a possibility. The playback speed of the video may not match exactly the record time. You would need an exemplar recording of a known good time source. For example, if you could record a video of a countdown timer ticking off a minute then play it back to see if it takes a minute to play back the scene. It could be that the yellow is exactly the state minimum in duration but the video playback doesn't show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z07 View Post
    I'm not saying this is the case only that it is a possibility. The playback speed of the video may not match exactly the record time. You would need an exemplar recording of a known good time source. For example, if you could record a video of a countdown timer ticking off a minute then play it back to see if it takes a minute to play back the scene. It could be that the yellow is exactly the state minimum in duration but the video playback doesn't show it.
    Well, the recording was in real-time with a certain frames/second playback. That's now how these tape systems work, they record in real-time and playback however they are saved at. Every test that I've done shows it in real-time, and if that were altered, then it's falsified evidence. We're dealing with something that's just 3.5 seconds, so 3.25 would be nearly 10% off, not a trivial matter. I'm not talking about 3.49 vs. 3.5 seconds.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I know for a fact that Texas allows for online traffic school to dismiss speeding tickets and to keep insurance premiums from going up. If you've not taken advantage of this within 18 months, you should see if you qualify for it. Trust me, it will save you time and money. Good luck.

Sr. Apprentice Vanplor.Crucible's Avatar

Cool

I was a cop in MN before going active... I don't know Texas bar very well, but by MN law if you were past the 'line' or pedestrian crossing by 12 inches or more during a yellow light in a constant motion than you are committed to the course of action to continue through the intersection, regardless of if the light changes at 13 inches. Meaning that if the light went red while you where already in the crosshairs than you can plead ignorance as you are a regular guy and there is no reason that you should know how long that yellow light is going to be lit.

Again, I do not know about Texas however. If you have any cops or prosecutors that you know from the area I would advise asking them,,, they can tell you how the guilty ones get off, and trust me, they do all the time.
    2003 GMC Sierra Denalli

True Dual Exhaust
    31.6'' Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Duplicolor Bedliner
    Bed Rails
    US Speedo Gauge Cluster
    Iggee Custom Seat covers
    High gain CB/HAM radio

Much More, waiting to be installed.:cool:

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
    Yup, those things are horrible. Here in Charlotte (NC) they put up redlight cameras and speed cameras. I believe the fine was $50 if it got ya. It was supposed to be generating extra money for the city. Turns out after the adminstrating company collected all of their fees, Charlotte was getting about $2 per violation. They were removed after the 1 year contract was up. Thankfully
    In California, the fine is just shy of $400. In nearby Victorville, the city generated $1.2 million dollars in the first 8 months after the cameras went up. The city gets $87 per ticket. Of course, Victorville has been poorly managed and is on the verge of bankruptcy so more cameras have gone up in the name of safety. Tea Party time!
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I heard on local news today the top 2 revenue generating Redlight cameras in Texas were located in the DFW area.
    #1 Duncanville, Tx. Camp Wisdom and Cockerell hill Intersection over $1,000,000 this year
    #2 Arlington, Tx 303 and Cooper over $970,000 in revenue this year

This was only the rvenue generated by the top 2 of the states top 10. These citiies have a good investment scheme going on here the contract is let on a percentage base of what the operating company recovers the city isnt out of pocket for operation of these cameras as all functions pertaining to ticket billing and footage review are done by the operating company.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I heard on local news today the top 2 revenue generating Redlight cameras in Texas were located in the DFW area.
    #1 Duncanville, Tx. Camp Wisdom and Cockerell hill Intersection over $1,000,000 this year
    #2 Arlington, Tx 303 and Cooper over $970,000 in revenue this year

This was only the rvenue generated by the top 2 of the states top 10. These citiies have a good investment scheme going on here the contract is let on a percentage base of what the operating company recovers the city isnt out of pocket for operation of these cameras as all functions pertaining to ticket billing and footage review are done by the operating company.
    Yeah, my point is clear. They put the cameras up to make money and turned down the yellow lights from a safe 4 seconds to an unsafe and hard to react. Therefore they make people run reds because they're not used to such short yellows.

What news was that on?

92.5, but it looks like you found the article they were citing.

Looks like the wonderful city of Arlington Texas has just notified the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles to plan a hold on the renewal of my Traverse until all delinquent red light camera violations are paid.

Huh, so much for a civil penalty. They're trying to force the issue even though the latest statistic is that 1/3 of all red light tickets are not paid.

So, this might be a bluff on their part, or they're playing hard ball.

I'm 100% against these cameras. I think it's just a short hop from Red Light Cameras to putting cameras up all over the country so that someone can monitor us 24/7 to keep us in line ... or else.

I'm contemplating a class-action suit against the City of Arlington, anyone reading this want to join in with me?

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case anyone cared ... here's the wonderful evidence against me for this latest Red Light ticket. Not exactly the best image quality on the video now is it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	57618
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	57619

All you have to do is look upwards, you will find many cameras watching your every move, on average each citizen, in vehicle or on foot is caught on camera an average of 5 times a day. The original concept was good, today its just abuse. The reality is , its our own fault, we were all comfy with our life styles, wanted to feel more secure, and allowed the politicians we elected to do pretty much anything they chose to do, and we said nothing. Steve great first step in thinking law suit. ( someone needed to actually say it).
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by