GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question water leak - need some help on fixing!!!

Hey everyone. My dad and I have a question. My 95 K1500 has been leaking water into the passenger side since I got it. So we did some searching and found out that it's coming in from under the black wiper blade cover piece. You know, the black piece between the windshield and the hood. We took that piece off and under it is a big hole in the metal that we figured is for water drainage. We found the drain plug and it does drain correctly from the hole. However, there must be some holes in the metal somewhere because the water is leaking in from that area. We can't get our hands in the hole or really even see in it to well because it goes back a ways. We have found the 3 spots the water is coming from under the dash but to fix the leaking spots we have to take everything out from under the dash to get to them. My dad is thinking we need to take the computer out, the heater thingy, a fan motor and some other stuff to get to were the metal from the hole under the wiper cover and the inside of the truck meet. Does anyone have any ideas of how exactly to take the stuff out of the dash?????? We will appreciate anyones help on this to make it easier. I don't want to have to take it to a body shop to fix it because that's most likely going to cost a lot of money. Please help!
    :sign0144: Miranda C.
    1995 Chevy K1500 Extended Cab Short bed with side steps - Cowboy Conversion package

It could be your AC not the window there is a evaporator pan with a drain hose that goes to the bottom of the truck that is why you see the clear puddles under the cars on hot days in the parking lot.

Its not unusual for it to get plugged a shot of air in the tube will clear it out.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT