GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Vinyl floor scrub

As my project for today, I started cleaning the vinyl floors in my truck. Thank god its only a regular cab. My arms have been sore all night. 1.5 to 2 hours later, I had the had scrubbed the driver side clean with a nail brush (only the part in front of the seat). If i weren't cheap (and saving for gas and insurance when i turn 16 in 10 days), i would take it in and pay someone to do this.

I know one thing for sure - a molded carpet kit just moved into a higher priority on my upgrades list. As long as you keep that clean, you can just vacuum it.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

If you keep up on the vinyl floor thats not hard to keep clean either
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

Vinyl floors rule. Just hose em out when you need to. I have a friend who special ordered a loaded crew cab. Leather seats, vinyl floor.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I can't see why you would want to get carpeted floors up in Canada, once you get dried salt on the carpet then you will have a real mess. My S-10 work truck has carpeted floors and I wish it didn't, every summer I have to take a steam cleaner and go over the entire floor twice just to get the salt to soften. Then I have to take a stiff bristle brush and scrub over the salt to break it up, and then you have to use a wet/dry vacuum to suck up the entire mess. Then I put a layer of Scotchguard back down to protect it for another year, JUST STAY WITH THE VINYL FLOORS YOUR BETTER OFF!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I'm trying to put vinyl floors in my truck ASAP. I had them back when I owned my Ranger and I loved them. Just pull the seats out and spray down the inside after going muddin'. I sure miss that. The carpet in my Silverado is getting real bad. It has a hole now where my heal sits while I drive :(. I would stick with vinyl.

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

im with you on that, im hoping for carpet for my truck this year for my birthday, i hate the floor in my truck also, plus when its raining outside and my shoes are wet, my feet slide on the floor which makes it harder to drive sometimes,

I am with you on that vinyl is the way to go I wont buy a vehicle with carpet. I will pre order it the way I want it. My truck has everything in it but carpet.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

I wanted vinyl but when i was buying off the lot and only had 3 days to find one to get the great incentives, i had to get crpet. I currently have it covered with house carpet and i will be picking up some husky liners to cover ALL THE CARPET in the truck.

At this point, it looks like this truck's heavy work days are over - my stepdad used it for landscaping. Now, it should just be occasional mud, slush/salt in the winter. Nothing some good floor mats couldn't handle. My stepdad used to use the pressure washer in the car wash on the vinyl floors in the truck. I still don't think I've ever really seen them clean - although using a lot of water inside has caused a bit of light rust under the vinyl, mostly along the door sills. I guess the same reason of not being a landscaping truck anymore makes it easier to keep the vinyl clean too, but i dont know. I like carpet. If it had been my choice, the truck would have been an LS anyway. I'm happy with it though.

Also, ArmorAll-ing my vinyl floor did make the floor mat on top of it slippery. Which is another issue i have - it gets slippery with water or whatever.

I remember when the Silverados had a velour on the door panels. Bad idea! Vinyl floors would be a lot better for a working man.