GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

i guess i worded it wrong, my pressure isnt fluctuating, its the power tha is doing it. its super hard for me to describe even in person. the only true way is to show you. i will try to catch a video of it one day soon and post it.

i understand what you are saying about the converter, i just dont know how they work. i am sure they wear out eventually, but could this be a way of it showing me that it is on its way to failing, or is this normal for it to happen. i usually solve the problem by hitting the tow haul button or shifting down. im kinda gettin frusterated trying to explain what i am experiencing. i will get a video hopefully tomorrow
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

It doesn't sound like a Torque Converter problem to me. If your Torque Converter acts up it will set a trouble code immediately. Your problem sound more like a fuel or electrical problem. Have you checked for codes? Many codes will not turn on the Check Engine Light.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiee View Post
    It doesn't sound like a Torque Converter problem to me. If your Torque Converter acts up it will set a trouble code immediately. Your problem sound more like a fuel or electrical problem. Have you checked for codes? Many codes will not turn on the Check Engine Light.

yes. i use my diablo sport tuner to check about twice a month. no codes at all are thrown

Quote Originally Posted by cascott325 View Post
    yes. i use my diablo sport tuner to check about twice a month. no codes at all are thrown
    i am having this same problem with my 2002 silverado 5.3 , i have tries everything i even took it to two mechanics and they couldnt figure it out..i hope someone comes up with a solution..

Quote Originally Posted by noahraysanders View Post
    i am having this same problem with my 2002 silverado 5.3 , i have tries everything i even took it to two mechanics and they couldnt figure it out..i hope someone comes up with a solution..
    This post morphed into 2 different problems. What exactly is the problem with your truck?

This post morphed into 2 different problems. What exactly is the problem with your truck?
    rpm surging between 40-50mph

Quote Originally Posted by noahraysanders View Post
    rpm surging between 40-50mph
    If you could find someone with a scanner that shows data you could pinpoint your problem in a hurry.

Cool torque converter clutch hunting

Have you tried installing your stock tune back in your truck to see if problems stops?

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Have you tried installing your stock tune back in your truck to see if problems stops?

with or without the tune, it still happens. i was hoping that after a tune, it would pan out, but still does it. i am still trying to get a video. i know just the place, just havent had time to go there.

i have been thinking about the scanner thing, i guess i should do that then. i will keep y'all posted.
    i did have my scanner plugged in today watching for misfires, at idle, i am showing slight misfires in all cylinders. not all at once, and not every one per cycle. they rarely count over 8 per cycle in 6, 7, and 8, and rarely over 6 counts in 1-5. but per cycle, it might show only 3 or 4 cylinders with misfire per cycle. once i start accelerating, and once i am at a constant speed or rpm, there is no longer a misfire in any cylinder.

If you could find someone with a scanner that shows data you could pinpoint your problem in a hurry.

My rpms surge when im driving 40-50 mph.
    This is what ive done to try and fix it
    new mass air flow sensor
    new throttle sensor
    new fuel filter
    cleanened throttle body

service codes are
    PO 137 02 signal low bank 1 sensor 2
    PO 172 fuel rich bank 1
    PO 175 Fuel system rich bank 2
    PO 332 Knock sensor 2 signal short/low

ive replaced my o2 sensor before and it didnt correct the problem

i have an 2002 5.3 silverado please help.