Results 1 to 1 of 1
06-02-2009, 10:35 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Blog Entries
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil (SSO)
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil (SSO)
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil (SSO) is the industry benchmark in lubrication technology. Engineered with the world’s finest synthetic base oils and high performance additives, AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 is designed for those who demand the absolute best in motor oil performance. The exclusive “extended drain” formulation delivers superior engine protection and maximum fuel economy. AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 is a premium grade synthetic motor oil that exceeds the requirements of modern, high-performance engines and older engines. It replaces other 0W-30, 5W-30 and 10W-30 motor oils and consistently outperforms competitive conventional and synthetic motor oils.
AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world’s first API qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL The First in Synthetics® to do the best job protecting your engine.
Extends Drain Intervals
AMSOIL Signature 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil lasts much longer in service than conventional oils. Its unique synthetic formulation and long drain additive system resist oxidation and neutralize the acids that shorten the service life of other oils. AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 delivers the best possible engine protection, cleanliness and performance over extended drain intervals, reducing vehicle maintenance and waste oil disposal costs.
Maximizes Fuel Efficiency
The lightweight molecular structure of AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil reduces energy loss from the “drag” common to high viscosity oils. It is fortified with additives that enhance its friction-reducing properties to help further improve fuel efficiency.
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil contains specialized anti-wear technology. Its durable, high temperature film strength effectively separates metal surfaces to reduce wear even under the most grueling conditions. Tests prove that AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 provides better protection against wear than other motor oils (see graph). AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 helps engines last longer.
Resists Heat, Reduces Oil Consumption and Emissions
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil is thermally stable with a strong resistance to high temperature volatility (burn-off). It is heavily fortified with detergent and dispersant additives designed to prevent sludge deposits and keep engines clean. Low volatility and clean operation reduce oil consumption and emissions.
Provides Outstanding Cold Flow Properties
Unlike conventional oils, AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 contains no wax. Its exceptional -60°F cold flow properties ease starting and reduce bearing wear.
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil is recommended for use in gasoline engines, diesel engines (API CF, ACEA B5) and other applications requiring SAE 0W-30, 5W-30 or 10W-30 with the following worldwide specifications:• API SM/CF, SL, SJ …Mixing AMSOIL
• ILSAC GF-4, 3 …
• ACEA A5/B5-04
• GM 4718M, 6094M
• Ford WSS-M2C929-A
• Daimler Chrysler MS-6395N
• VW 503.00
• Honda/Acura HTO-06
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 is compatible with conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed.
Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL motor oils.
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline fueled vehicles as follows:• Normal Service(3) – Up to 35,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.*OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer
• Severe Service(4) – Up to 17,500 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
• Replace AMSOIL Ea oil filter at the time of oil change up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first (other brands at standard OEM* intervals).
• In all non-gasoline fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.
(1) Engines operating under modified conditions are excluded from extended drain recommendations. Examples include the use of performance computer chips; non-OEM approved exhaust, fuel or air induction systems; and the use of fuels other than those recommended for normal operation by the manufacturer.
(2) Mechanically sound engines are in good working condition and do not, for example, leak oil or consume excessive amounts, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak anti-freeze and have properly working emission control systems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic oils.
(3) Personal vehicles frequently traveling greater than 10 miles (16km) at a time and not operating under severe service.
(4) Turbo or supercharged vehicles, commercial or fleet vehicles, extensive engine idling, first and subsequent use of AMSOIL in vehicles with over 100,000 miles, daily short trip driving less than 10 miles (16km), frequent towing, plowing, hauling or dusty condition driving.
AMSOIL Ea full-flow oil filters are designed for extended drain intervals. They stop smaller particles, flow more oil and last longer than regular filters. For best performance, use AMSOIL Ea full-flow oil filters.
HEALTH & SAFETY
This product is not expected to cause health concerns when used for the intended application and according to the recommendations in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). An MSDS is available upon request.
Check it out by clicking here.
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods
AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"
By Steve in forum Announcements & FeedbackReplies: 0Last Post: 06-14-2010, 01:05 PM
By bucknasty in forum General ClassifiedsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-06-2009, 01:32 AM
By tbone4484 in forum GM PowertrainReplies: 14Last Post: 04-14-2009, 01:35 PM
By spyder in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 9Last Post: 01-23-2009, 10:45 AM
By NixZ71 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 9Last Post: 03-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Tags for this Thread