GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default HID Kit. High/Low Beam and Fog Lights.

Im wanting to put Hids in all my lights. on my truck.
    Im wonder does any one know how much it will run me.

And can i get them in my driving lights?
    2001 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z71
    Spectre Air Intake
    Blacked Out Front And Rear Bowtie.
    285 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A
    Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Tinted Windows
    Sony Stereo
    JL Door Speakers.
    8000k HIDS

around like 140 dolors but it all just depends on what k the bulbs are

Jr. Mechanic

I got all of mine from vvme.com and it ran me about $220 bucks all together for my highs, lows and fogs. I have only had one burned out bulb but they replaced it under warranty.
    My first Chevy :great:
    2005 Silverado 1500 ECSB Z71 5.3L:
    3'' Aero Turbine exhaust with side dump
    6000k HID's Highs, lows and fogs with H-4 mod
    Rough Country Full Leveling Kit
    285/70/17 Firestone Destination A/T's
    Dick Cepek DC1
    EFI Live
    more to come..

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    I got all of mine from vvme.com and it ran me about $220 bucks all together for my highs, lows and fogs. I have only had one burned out bulb but they replaced it under warranty.
    vvme is goingn to have the best prices. Just be careful with their warranty. They sent me the wrong kit after asking them 3 or 4 times before I purchased it and wanted me to pay to ship it back.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

I have HIDs in the lows and fogs... Trust me, if you get the ones I bought you will never use your highs again. I know an authorized dealer so it only cost me $200 for both sets and install. However, his shop charges close to $250 for one set and install. I bought the 2nd to clearest, and whitest HIDs offered (just a tiny hint of blue) so they get costly.

I have a 2005 Silverado. I dont know how yours are mounted, but my fogs are only bolted from the top and I had to modify to hold the light from jumpng when vibrations from the road shot up. Also, make sure you get HIDs with there own stand alone ballasts, and DO NOT TOUCH THE BULBS. Real HID bulbs will virtually explode from the oil in your skin.

Now for your DRLs... I got tired of seeing that crappy yellow too. So what I did was bought bulbs off of eBay. They are colored blue, but they shine white. So it looks pretty good, but the HIDs are much better.
    Last edited by mkruluts; 06-09-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Kind of an old thread, but just trying to get my name out there... I carry a full line of 35w and 55w HID kits and either carry (or can get any bulb type within a day or two of your order), which soon includes the 5202 fog lights. All my kits come with a manufacturer lifetime warranty that I am fully equipped to help you out with should the need arise, so no need to mess with the manufacturer directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlyns Garage View Post
    Kind of an old thread, but just trying to get my name out there... I carry a full line of 35w and 55w HID kits and either carry (or can get any bulb type within a day or two of your order), which soon includes the 5202 fog lights. All my kits come with a manufacturer lifetime warranty that I am fully equipped to help you out with should the need arise, so no need to mess with the manufacturer directly.

just looked at this thread how much would hids run me fo my lows and fogs on a 2004 silverado 1500 thanks zach

Quote Originally Posted by zachb91 View Post
    just looked at this thread how much would hids run me fo my lows and fogs on a 2004 silverado 1500 thanks zach
    Depends on a few options, mainly the wattage you choose. 35w kits are $90 shipped and 55w kits are $115 shipped (unless you need a 5202 bulb, which is $115 shipped for the 35w kit). All prices are on my site, as well as descriptions that will highlight the differences in the kits (mainly brightness of the light output).

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlyns Garage View Post

hey man i just happened to run across this thread and noticed this. Are you still selling HID's? My buddy told me today he wants some for his 2012 F150. It has the Hi/Low bulb and also a set of fog lights. Not sure what bulb it is though. If you could message me and let me know how much and warranty details.
    "I'll Sleep When I Die"

2009 Chevy Silverado LT1
    295/70/17 Toyo MT's
    2" rough country leveling kit
    CAI
    magnaflow exhaust
    custom tune
    spray in Line-X bedliner
    deep low profile took box
    6000K HID's
    5% + 20% tint on door windows and rear + layer of 10% rear glass and 5% tint strip
    2 12" Kicker CVT's
    custom sub boxes
    1000 watt hifonics sub amp
    4 6.5" hifonics door speakers
    4 hifonics tweeters
    320 watt hifonics amp
    Quad bell train horn
    5 gallon air tank with 100% duty Viar compressor
    galls street thunder deluxe siren/PA

If I was you guys I would go to ddmtuning.com they are a local company here in san diego that manufacture HID kits, with warranty. Not only are they the cheapest around but their selection is Huge, Ive used them on my acura, my brothers van, my moms cobra and other brothers truck, Ill be installing a couple kits myself on my truck as soon as I decide to start toying with it (just got it).

Another thing for those of you that dont know what bulb you need. Go to sylvania.com and look at the auto section of the site and it will give you every bulb for every part of your vehicles

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by