GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Mechanic

Default I"ve had it with gm, period ! ! ! !

I got my Silverado pickemup and I like it alot though I wish it had cruise control. I liked it so much that I bought 300+ shares of GM stock.

I now own 3 shares (I think) of GM stock because they took the bail out money, used it to pay off the unions, give big bonuses to execs, and basically pay off their democrat voting block.

Up until now I have never had any feelings for unions one way or the other but now that their tactics have been exposed I will never buy another new vehicle that has been touched by a UAW member.
    I heard a interview with a former UAW member and he exposed what went/goes on in the plants. If I had known that I would not have bought the stock.

Ford screwed me on a recall in the 70s and I have never owned another. Right now I have GM and Chrysler and same goes for them as well and was thinking of a new Chevy. As of Monday that completely changed.

There is a saying to the effect, " first time shame on them, second time shame on me"

NEVER AGAIN WILL I TAKE HOME ANYTHING A UAW WORKER HAS TOUCHED! ! ! ! !

Blog Entries

I understand your frustration. Union is a 4 letter word to most companies because of the problems it creates. Your truck didn't decide to be made by a union it just happened that way. My truck was UAW made too and it serves me just fine. Be mad at the union, the company and the workers but remember you are driving a quality vehicle and it had to get here somehow. My truck starts everyday, hauls anything and is a joy to drive I could care less if a convicted felon or guy with a PHD built it as long as it serves me well.

I hope you change you mind and give GM a second chance. Wait too see what happens after the restructure. It may be a good thing. Who knows?
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Legend

Not to say you are wrong but unions were formed for one reason only, to protect workers from unfair work practices, for the most part wherever a union is, they are there for a reason. i agree partially that the UAW got way to strong and that while it would be great NOBODY deserves to get payed 75% of there wages after they retire. No one person has EVER done that well in there job to deserve that.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Jr. Mechanic

Actually I would say the unions allowed GM to build the truck if they got the pay offs they wanted and like you it starts and runs fine. Gets excellent gas mileage and has a nice ride but the logic of don't blame the company by the actions of its members does not ring sound.

Same thing could be said about the Third Reich soldiers. I have lots of German friends and even had one that was at Stalingrad (released in 49) and they are all good folks but the Nazi party pulled the country down and all they had to vote for Hitler or a communist. It was a lose/lose for them and the whole country went down and got millions of fine folks killed in the process because of the party.

The UAW to me is like the Nazi party, as a matter of fact the union is paying retirement dues to a death camp guard who the government is trying to ship out for prosecution now.

The death camp guards were all volunteers and as the program I saw said there is not one incident of one of them ever being tried /killed for not going along with the killing. If they couldn't take it they just got transferred. I have no sympathy for a death camp guard, he asked for the duty and stayed there to stay out of combat.

I just sent GM stockholder services the following context on their website:

"Well congratulations you have now just lost a owner.
    I bought a Silverado and I like it alot but I will never buy another product that a UAW worker has ever touched.
    I guess I now own three shares of GM stock or is it in the two range?
    If they had declared bankruptcy at first, busted the unions and I lost my money it would have been worth it but they took the big bucks from government, passed it out to the unions, executives and any other whore they could find and then declared bankruptcy.
    Never again will I consider a product that was touched by a UAW member or have a GM or Chrysler name on it and I own both at this time.
    I can assure you it will be my last! ! ! ! "

There is a saying least ways round here, "them and the horse they rode in on".

Legend

its your own opinion but i would have never bought stock in the last year as this was inevitable

Legend
    Blog Entries

Honestly I blame a lot of this on the last 3 rounds of buyouts, all of that was supposed to be able to get rid of the aging wok force and get fresh blood in there. What ended up happening and I know this from first hand experience, they opened up 3 classes of buyouts for the workers.

0-9 years got $70,000 to sever all ties with GM/ no benefits
    10-28 years got $140,000 to sever all ties with GM/ no benefits
    29+ years, $35,000 plus they kept all benefits and retirement pension.

The part I don't agree with was the 3,000 or more workers with only 6 months, that took the buyout and they each got $70,000 for working 6 months! They were mostly between the ages of 18-21, so those kids basically got free money.

BTW- Don't knock the workers until you have stood on the assembly line and done there jobs, but that does suck about your stock but maybe it will turn around.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Jr. Mechanic

I agree with you 100% on that one. It should have been pro rated from 1 year to 30.

Then there is I think it is 535 million a year goes to the Unions to use as political contributions to polliticians they like/help them. I heard that on radio yesterday.

What was it like a thousand execs would get from 1 million to mega millions as bonuses?

I got the stock thinking it would help out the company which I understood was having a hard time and that I was convinced the quality was far superior to what it was back in 60s, 70s, 80s. I had had it for months when the talk went around that a bankrupcy would wipe their liabilities clean.

Then the GM managment said they could survive if they got bailout and I figured OK. Then they took it and split the money up big time with management.

Just two weeks ago a guy was telling me about the lounges the guys go sit in and watch TV and drink coffee/tea all day because they had agreed to have their jobs replaced by computers and the union would not hear of them losing their jobs so they just go sit on their asses all day and play cards, watch TV etc.

I also have friends who have worked at Chrysler, GM and Ford who told me similar stories.

Jr. Mechanic

This pretty well sums it up.

Dear Friend,

The bankruptcy filing of General Motors last week didn’t have to be this way.

GM could have – and as many of us argued at the time, should have – declared bankruptcy last December. Our bankruptcy laws exist to give troubled companies a chance to restructure their business models and get out from under crushing debts.

But now, after we lost $50 billion in a misguided bailout scheme, the bankruptcy GM is entering is not even real bankruptcy. It’s a political bankruptcy, brokered by the Obama administration to reward the very people who helped to destroy the company in the first place.

Under the agreement, investors and creditors were wiped out, while the federal government, the Canadian government, and the labor bosses will own 90 percent of the new company.

Going forward, GM won’t be able to make the tough business decisions necessary to get back to profitability. They will be second-guessed and overruled by politicians in Washington. Meanwhile, as GM becomes a government program, car companies that are succeeding will have to compete at an unfair disadvantage – all because the labor bosses funneled millions of dollars to Democrat candidates over the last few election cycles.

It isn’t fair, and it needs to stop.

Broken companies and greedy labor bosses shouldn’t be rewarded for their failures. Washington needs to get out of this quagmire before politicians do to our auto industry what they’ve already done to our financial system.

A free auto market will help revive our industrial economy, and give GM its best chance to succeed. As always, freedom will work…if we let it.

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
    United States Senator

I did not hear you address the golden parachutes? If you provide a service, be it with your brain or BACK you deserve to be compensated commensurately with the value of the product. I cannot agree with your arguments without you addressing ALL the issues. You do not want to buy UAW products.....fine! Should the workers not fight for better wages and benefits............history has shown time and time again that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely! Would you have the owners make huge profits on the backs of the workers, do you really think that would be better. Would that make the company financially sound? Or, would it make a few much wealthier. Those workers like others around the country are the tax base of this country. The issues are much bigger than your simple arguments. That's my 2 cents.
    The diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits.

2007 NBS Silverado
    LT2 Z71
    2.5" Levelling Kit
    Hood Stripes
    Chrome Grill
    GM Bed Liner & Tonno
    Dick Cepek Rims 18X9
    Hankook RF10 Tires 275/65/18
    De-Badged Tailgate

More Mods Coming

I've been thinking about buying a Texas truck..... Tundra built in San Antonio!!!

I'm pissed what happen to GM. Unions only look out for the leaders, been there, been screwed..

Company I worked for laid us off, even though we had advanced school and training. The shop stewart told
    me " we have to save the people with years of membership and very little training"!!!!

I'll never forget that.....
    John

06 Red GMC 4X4 CrewCab 4.8L
    MagnaFlow Muffler
    Lubed by AMSOIL...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by