GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thumbs down Help!!! Third Row Seat Stuck!

I don't use it much and put it in over the weekend. All looked good until I tried to take it out.

Apparently the cargo area floor mat is under one of the three rear clevises, between the clevis and the rod. The other two clevises are clamped, the third appears closed.

Neither lever one nor lever two will operate. If I pull up on the seat lever one moves a little, but seat back only rocks forward a little. The carpet won't pull out.

Is there a way to manually disengage this without using the levers? Is there a way to trick it?

HELP!!! I need my load bed back!.
    Last edited by DavidNJ; 06-07-2009 at 06:19 AM.

Used a large crow bar and an aluminum floor jack in the back to slightly pry up the seat. It still required a strong two hand pull to remove the carpet. Afterwards the seat engaged, and lever one, the lever 2, and pull 3 worked. An interesting anomoly where the interlock of the levers left the seat in an unsecured state that was only obvious when you tried to remove it.
    2000 Yukon XL 2500 4WD SLE, Bilstein Shocks
    Tow 9000# 26'x102"widex99"tall car trailer, Hensley Hitch, Prodigy Controller
    Port City Super Late Model in trailer

Glad to see you got it resolved. The thickness of the mat must have tweaked the seat frame when you slammed it in to place last time.

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

No, just had the floor mat between on clamp and the floor. It was pinching the mat but not closing. The other two were closed. Lever two wouldn't work until lever 1 let the seat fold flat. And lever 1 wouldn't work unless all three clamps were closed.

went through the same thing in my wife's 98 suburban. not a fun time at all specially when you are in a hurry to get on the road. glad you got it taken care of though , it really is just a muscle it out kinda deal though. that's what worked for me, didn't use a crow bar just brut strength and determination

Blog Entries

Did the same in the wifes Toyota Sienna. I was able to unlock each latch while my nephew pryed up to keep them from relatching.

Glad you got it out.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Now that it is out, you should make sure that the mats or carpets are where they are meant to be, you might want to use a silicon spray, or even wd40 to free up these latches. When they get stuck, the force needed to get them unstuck can bend the rods and ruin the hardware. Be sure to check the action BEFORE you click it into place, because these latches are hard to work with bad hardware and springs.