GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i bought my wires off of a corvette site. 8.5 mm
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    Bought 8 Bosch new plugs, and 8 new MSD wire plugs. Going from Stock plugs and wires, to performance ones, I can feel an increase in throttle response, easier start up, and my exhaust has gotten louder, and my truck just seems to have more oomph! I'll get pictures up later today.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...lugs/Platinum4
    http://www.msdignition.com/product.a...09&terms=32829
    how much did you pay for all that?

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    So you would recommend the E3 pugs? Did you upgrade anything else on the ignition or just upped the plugs?
    just upgraded the plugs in mine, and since i noticed a difference right off like that just by changing the plugs both in power and mileage yeah I highly recommend them. I like it when everything a manufacturer claims is noticable and true like those were.

don't just take my word for it do some research on those kinds of things, there are people out there on both sides of every discussion that can help you form your own opinion and make an educated decision.

I just read a bunch of reviews and took a rather expensive chance that they were as much better than regular plugs as all the reviews i read had claimed.

I can't afford all the other MSD stuff just yet, I do have plans to, but with the economy and all it won't be any time soon.
    Last edited by daddytech; 06-18-2009 at 05:06 AM.

I paid $180 Canadian. Freighted and taxed.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123