GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default New Plugs and Wires

Bought 8 Bosch new plugs, and 8 new MSD wire plugs. Going from Stock plugs and wires, to performance ones, I can feel an increase in throttle response, easier start up, and my exhaust has gotten louder, and my truck just seems to have more oomph! I'll get pictures up later today.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...lugs/Platinum4
    http://www.msdignition.com/product.a...09&terms=32829
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Legend
    Blog Entries

I just put some of the MSD wires on my S-10, but I haven't driven it enough to see a difference yet. I was going to buy the quad tipped spark plugs , but the guy at the desk said that they wouldn't fit in the 4.3 in my truck. I just went with the regular Bosch plugs, but the one's you got definately look cool though. Can't wait to see the pictures, my plug wires were bright red which I am sure yours are too.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

The E3 plugs by them selves make a noticable difference in the power and they make them for everything even lawn mowers. Haven't tried the MSD wires though that is something to consider for later on for mine too. was actually thinking of that and an MSD HEI set up for my truck. there is a deffinate difference in the gas mileage with the E3's also as well as an HP increase and if you drive your vehicle at all it's noticable as soon as you drive it immediately after installing them.

I was looking for new plugs for my truck and the guy at pepboys said that GM and ford don't like bosch plugs. I bought a set of ac delco rapid fires. a msd hot coil and new cap, rotor and accel wires. so far so good

B. :glasses:

1989 V1500 Suburban
    2001 Olds Silouette
    1999 chevy malibu
    1990 F**d E150 van
    2007 30ft gulfstream travel trailer

Awhile back I went with Autolite platinums and a set of Taylor 8mm spiral core wires. Happy with them other than the noise on the AM radio. I have to try a suppressor, but if that doesn't work I think I'll go back to a suppressor core wire.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

ive got msd wires , coil and ignition ,makes a difference in the long and short haul over all you get better performance and driveability and gain a mile or to back from the lack of your old system not burning off every thing complety

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Awhile back I went with Autolite platinums and a set of Taylor 8mm spiral core wires. Happy with them other than the noise on the AM radio. I have to try a suppressor, but if that doesn't work I think I'll go back to a suppressor core wire.
    If you are running the factory radio, you may just need another better ground on it. You shouldn't be getting any radio noise because of plugs. might also look at putting in some more gound wires , you can never have enough of those.

Quote Originally Posted by bcoffman View Post
    I was looking for new plugs for my truck and the guy at pepboys said that GM and ford don't like bosch plugs. I bought a set of ac delco rapid fires. a msd hot coil and new cap, rotor and accel wires. so far so good
    usually they only tell you that so you'll buy another set of plugs. the only thing the bosh plugs usually don't do well in are the smaller GM cars, they runn hotter because of having those plugs in it. there's a bunch of people I have seen on here that love those plugs in the GM trucks. they run them and never have a problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by daddytech View Post
    The E3 plugs by them selves make a noticable difference in the power and they make them for everything even lawn mowers. Haven't tried the MSD wires though that is something to consider for later on for mine too. was actually thinking of that and an MSD HEI set up for my truck. there is a deffinate difference in the gas mileage with the E3's also as well as an HP increase and if you drive your vehicle at all it's noticable as soon as you drive it immediately after installing them.

i agree, i have the e3 plugs in my truck and noticed an increase in power and fuel mileage reight after i put them in.
    bd1326

2005 Chevy Silverado 6.0 Vortec 4X4
    K&N Air Filter: Stock Replacement
    E3 Spark Plugs
    Magnaflow Single Exit Exhaust
    Rough Country Leveling Kit
    Skyjacker Add-a-Leaf
    Much More To Come

"Understeer is hitting the wall with the front of your car. Oversteer is hitting it with the rear."
    - NASCAR driver "Fireball" Roberts.

ruben you can get the plugs and wires at www.summitracing.com or a local speed shop usually the wires are about 100 bucks and plugs vary from 2bucks and up to 9 big ones good time to get fimilar with your engine and do it your self use some ani seize on the plugs before install and i would recommend ac delco's rapidfire plugs for good performance and econmy or the e3's stay away from copper core copper tip plugs as they wont last as long or tend to burn up quckly + its not the proper type for your motor

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by