GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default White truck suggestions

well i have a white truck i was trying to think of some ideas for it. you know how black trucks have the lights black out, grill, rims etc....well i was trying to think of something like that with my truck..any ideas??
    2007 GMC Sierra SLE CC, fabtech, 20x10 ultra predators, toyo mts

Legend
    Blog Entries

Honestly I like the direction that you are going with it right now, I like the shiny stuff mixed with the white paint. I don't really think it will look good color matched, because it will cheapen the look of the truck and make it look like a work truck. I would go with all clear lenses all the way around, and then have some nice tinted windows which look great with white paint. Another thing I like to see on a white vehicle is underbody lighting, I know it's probably not your style but it's what came to me when looking at your truck.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I am thinking the same as TRPLX2. But I'm not into the lighting.

I was thinking on what I want to do with my red truck. I want the chrome gone. I am thinking of going black where there is chrome on the bumpers and grille.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

got to your local homie store, and go gold! anything chrome... gold. i havent seen that in a long time. white lowrider Cadillac with gold trim, wheels, etc clear lenses, dark tinted windows
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

white with everything blacked out is SICK! Go for it!
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

I painted the black seam fillers on the roof white,looks much better. White door bezels with chrome handles look nice too.

well the windows are tinted, and u said something about clear lenses? where can i find something like that? sometime soon i am gonna lift the truck and get tires and rims. at first i didnt like the look or black rims with a white truck but its really starting to grow on me so idk lol
    2007 GMC Sierra SLE CC, fabtech, 20x10 ultra predators, toyo mts

clear lenses... you can get them anywhere that sells aftermarket lighting for vehicles. tail lights, 3rd brake light, headlights, fog lights. etc. gorecon.com i think is the website, my boss went to a recon website and was traumatized by the nasty things he saw. guess he misspelled it lol. putco, anzo, etc there are a lot of them out there
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

ok heres me venting a little so relax, but why does everyone all of a sudden Hate Chrome? you pay thousands of dollars more for your brand new ltz pickup at the lot because its got leather seats and chrome trim then you go and F*** up your new truck with some cheapo duplicolor and a scotch brite over all your chrome accessories. if you dont want chrome buy a work truck. they are so pimp they come all blacked out from the factory!!! Whats next ripping out leather seats for cloth bench seats and getting rid of alloy rims for steel wheels with hudcaps. just because everyone had chrome doesnt mean your different doing everything "murdered out" ITS A FAD....and in a year and a half when everyone is doing lime green and pink because its cool your gonna be pissed your truck is all black..... ok i feel better now

with your truck i would go clean and classy, black window tint, white door handle buckets with chrome handles nice dual exhaust, some nice Chrome rims. and just subtle luxury. but hey follow the crowd and go "murdered' or stick with the timeless look of class its up to you
    Last edited by Browntowns20s; 06-09-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: oops
    2005 chevy silverado z71

I have a white truck. I love white and chrome. I got chrome rims. I personally am going with a set of aftermarket headlights that have black bezels. Same with the running lights and third brake light. I am going with LED brake lights. I cant decide if I want red lens or clear with black bezel. The only think I am getting color matched are my fenders if I decide to get them. I am blacking out my red GMC in the front.
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD
    Crew Cab
    364 6.0L V8

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast