GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Tornado

Default Tornado

http://www.tornadoair.com/buy1/

Does this thing actually work?

Does it seriously give you better mpg and more horsepower?

Will this work with a Volant Intake system?

I've heard that they work but its nothing to write home about. You might be able to get it to work with the volant, just find a tornado thats the same size as the inner diameter of the intake tube.
    Andy
    05 Silverado 1500 Z71 Until 6/5/12

Straight Pipe Dual Exhaust
    LED Third Brake Light
    Ram Air Cowl Induction Hood
    Edelbrock Shorty Headers
    DeBadged

Big waste of money I think. I've talked to people who have tried it and have seen dyno sheets where 1-3 hp is lost due to it just being an air restriction. The manufacturer claims it mixes the fuel and air better but I dont see how it's possible. It may spiral the air but only till it gets to the intake manifold where the air disperses the same as without the damn thing. On a fuel injected vehicle(not tbi) it has an injector near each cylinder. How could it mix the air and fuel better down each intake runner going to the head? It cant. There are articles online about it

- '07 Silverado Classic - 4.3, 5spd, reg. cab, short bed, 2wd, silver....Magnaflow, K&N 63series kit, Hypertech Max Energy, CFM Tech tb, 180* tstat, McGaughys 2/4 drop, 275/55-17 tires(stock painted rims), billet grill, Pioneer cd, Sony Xplod speakers/sub, 1000w Crunch amp. Jba headers and Wynjammer s/c coming soon!
    - '98 Grand Prix GTP - modded - *SOLD*

Quote Originally Posted by Slow1500 View Post
    Big waste of money I think. I've talked to people who have tried it and have seen dyno sheets where 1-3 hp is lost due to it just being an air restriction. The manufacturer claims it mixes the fuel and air better but I dont see how it's possible. It may spiral the air but only till it gets to the intake manifold where the air disperses the same as without the damn thing. On a fuel injected vehicle(not tbi) it has an injector near each cylinder. How could it mix the air and fuel better down each intake runner going to the head? It cant. There are articles online about it
    GM lost $40 billion last year, a lot of it was due to issues like high fuel costs from the previous couple of years ... they're dying to find ways to add off even 1/10th of a MPG and spend millions of $$ to do so, so if they could do that just by adding that in for $19.99, then it would be standard equipment ...

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina or really in a little town called Socastee

For the money it cost and the what the product actually does is really a waste of money.

Blog Entries

spacers and these tornadoes are worthless to fuel injected cars, since the gas is injected after the air intake.

this will give you gains on carb vehicles

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Sr. Apprentice

I have one on my '95. Remember...Chevy's are still TBI through at least '98 ('00 on suburbans). Most of the 'carb' intake airflow dynamics still apply to TBI. However, the only thing the $60 tornado did for my truck was help my over 2500RPM horsepower a hair. Not tested on a dyno, just what I can feel.
    '95 1/2 ton Suburban 4wd 350, 140K, w/ tornado and k&n filter | everything else stock

'89 1/2 ton Suburban 2wd 350, 200+K, completely stock except 31 x10.50 tires & 40 series flowmaster

'85 1/2 ton Suburban 2wd 350, 250+K, burnt valve :lol: , edelbrock 50 carb, comp cam, silvolite pistons, HiPerf distributor, 18" glasspacks