GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default pics of de-badging/de-pinstriping

So i finished de-badging and de-pinstriping the truck. This is the first time ive ever done any cosmetic mods. I mostly spend my time under the hood. Its amazing how a few hours of work can change the appearance of your ride so much. As for the glue left over, a little fingernail scraping, a rag with goo gone. Then a walmart dual action buffer and Mother's Caranuba wax, worked amazing!! Tell me what ya think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0203.jpg   PICT0202.jpg   PICT0200.jpg  

Legend

Blog Entries

Hmm.... naw....no, uh uh... I don't like it..... I think you should put the stuff back on..

Just kidding! Always nice to see a clean truck. Good work, man!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

i did mine today in about 30 min. i left the pin striping b/c i think it will look too plain w/o it. i am debating on taking the z71 off the side, but i dunno if i do
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

If my truck weren't too old, I would remove the badges, the side molding, and put on the smoothie bumpers.

Are you going to remove the Silverado on the back, the LS badge on the side, and the side moldings?
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by cascott325 View Post
    i did mine today in about 30 min. i left the pin striping b/c i think it will look too plain w/o it. i am debating on taking the z71 off the side, but i dunno if i do
    Negative! Leave the z71 on the side.

Your truck looks good, no colour difference. Good job!
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

mean green i dont know if you were referring to me, but i took the moldings off a long time ago. i will probably leave the ls badge, and the silverado and chevrolet badges are off too

Blog Entries

Cleanliness is next to godliness!

That is one clean truck.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Thanks guys. Yeah there was a big color difference until i hit it with the caranuba wax. I would like to hit the whole truck with a coat of it. But before i do that, i gotta get that rough idle fixed. Im replacing the 2 pre-cat 0xygen sensors on saturday. But yes i decided to leave the Silverado badge on the tailgate.

Good luck removing your z71 sticker. I had a 97 Ram, i tried removing the 4x4 sticker off the rear fender. It looked horrible. Nothing i did could get it off the paint.

Sry Scott, I was talking to Bmass.

Quote Originally Posted by bmass2844 View Post
    So i finished de-badging and de-pinstriping the truck. This is the first time ive ever done any cosmetic mods. I mostly spend my time under the hood. Its amazing how a few hours of work can change the appearance of your ride so much. As for the glue left over, a little fingernail scraping, a rag with goo gone. Then a walmart dual action buffer and Mother's Caranuba wax, worked amazing!! Tell me what ya think.
    Nice Job!!!......You have a Very Clean looking Ride. How many miles do you have on your Ride?

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by