GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

im going to be installing my head unit sometime next week, and this is my first time also, be sure to check my write up, and i will tell you how hard it was, and have detailed instrucktions. good luck

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24160

Quote Originally Posted by iPublicEnemy47 View Post
    I have never installed a Radio in any car I have always paid for it to be done. Plus im scared im going to mess up the wiring or make it so someone could steal easily by just being able to pull it out.
    You can bet if someone is wanting to steal it, no matter how you install it or what they have to go through to get it, they will.

second most of the wires are all color matched , don't strip the ends off of the wires and electrical tape them or solder them either that is a redneck backwoods way to do things. you need to do it up right and actually get some butt connectors to join the stripped ends of the color matched wires and then once that's done it's just a matter of sliding the stereo sleeve into the plastic face plate, bolt it into place or snap it in depending on what your dash is like plug in the wires and test it all before you mount it in the dash all the way. check all the speakers front back right and left make sure it all works right then slide it in till it locks into place, put your dash trim all back in place, set your presets on it and there ya go. pretty simple, been doing that sine i was 14 and it's a whole lot easier now than it used to be.

here's a site that you can get a better grade of radio at just as good if not better price, it's where most of the stereo stuff in my truck came from. I have a 4,300 watt system in my truck that i have less than $900.00 in and that's with subs, box, mid and tweeter component speaker sets, replacement rear roof speakers, both my sub amp, mid amp and 4 farahd capacitor. (wiring for the amps and subs sold seperately and kinda expensive.)

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=19413

here is a link to pictures of my system while under construction. some of the components are different and moved now due to weight and visibility issues.

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ysystem013.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12