GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend

Angry I have no idea what to do now???

I cant get rid of this damn P0300 code, I have cheanged the plugs and wires, before I was getting a code for the number four cylinder but now nothing for any particular cylinder, I dont have tons of money to just take it to the shop and say have at it but I am getting to that point, my MPG has not dropped nor is there ANY hesitation to the truck at all, please guys give me a hand
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    I cant get rid of this damn P0300 code, I have cheanged the plugs and wires, before I was getting a code for the number four cylinder but now nothing for any particular cylinder, I dont have tons of money to just take it to the shop and say have at it but I am getting to that point, my MPG has not dropped nor is there ANY hesitation to the truck at all, please guys give me a hand
    The most likely cause for your random miss fire is a fuel problem. Have you tried cleaning your injectors?
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Legend

I ran seafoam through the gas tank last summer and this spring, and since I have a 44 gallon tank I left 15 gallons in each time and ran a full bottle through, then I changed the plugs and wires. I have yet to run it through the brake booster line but am hesitant for some reason, I have heard of people hyrdolocking the motor doing this

might be a good idea to change your fuel filter if your equipped with one externally and sea foam through the booster if done slowly will work just dont dump a whole can in there at once which would cause the hydolocking that you have herd about

Blog Entries

give me the specs on your truck and ill run the code

year model make engine

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    I ran seafoam through the gas tank last summer and this spring, and since I have a 44 gallon tank I left 15 gallons in each time and ran a full bottle through, then I changed the plugs and wires. I have yet to run it through the brake booster line but am hesitant for some reason, I have heard of people hyrdolocking the motor doing this
    The best way to clean the injectors is to run a can of injector cleaner into the fuel rail. It requires a special tool that runs the cleaner into the rail through the test port. I have seen this procedure work many times where pouring chemicals into the tank didn't work.

If you're going to run it through the brake booster vacuum then you will need a vacuum bottle and a mister on the end of it.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Mean_Green_95 View Post
    If you're going to run it through the brake booster vacuum then you will need a vacuum bottle and a mister on the end of it.
    Wouldn't this method bypass the injectors?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mean_Green_95 View Post
    Thats why i havent done that, is that doesnt do anything to the injectors? someon at work said something about maybe the EGR. This is one of the few aspects of vehicles I am not really familiar with, to many damn components to help the environment.

best way to clean the injectors is to use a cleaner through the fuel rail, when we do it start the truck start the chemical and pull the fuel pump relay so the truck is running off the cleaner, its the best way to solve a injector related problem.
    this will require you to bring it to a shop i think we charge around 100 bucks for a full upper intake cleaning service

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast