GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passed me ASE's

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Chevy dealer Tech's!!!!!!!

Just do us all a favor and be honest with your customers, and that is what will gain you respect. Like my dad used to say, time in a trade and experience is what really counts.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    Thanks guys

I work for a Saturn dealer. GM is requiring ASE certification for us now for "09". Ironicly, GM is done with Saturn, but signed up for the test in March and figure if Saturn totaly folds it will look good on the resume.

I was kind of put off by even being required to be certified, I've worked here for 10 yrs.

Experience is really what makes a tech good, just like anything. Not that I saying I good but I try.
    Dealership techs can be hit or miss, you see alot of that here on the site where guys have had bad experinces. Were not all bad, though

grats on completing, what level ASE?

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

I passed all 8 Automotive so I'm master certified along with Service Writer. All I need now is a job. LOL I'm thinking about teaching Auto Shop here at one of the local high schools in Reno this fall.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Me too, a1 thru a8. I took them all and figured any i failed i could take a class or something and retake in the fall. To pass you only need a 65% or better, which is surprising. My wife is a RN and to pass the boards it requires 80% or better and you can only take them 3 times, if you fail the 3rd...no RN...ever! sheesh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiee View Post
    I passed all 8 Automotive so I'm master certified along with Service Writer. All I need now is a job. LOL I'm thinking about teaching Auto Shop here at one of the local high schools in Reno this fall.

My old autoshop teacher is retiring soon you should move out here and take his place. He has big shoes to fill though. He was a former funny car drag racer, and ASE master certified technician at a local Chevy dealership. They need someone good to replace him and I can tell by your posts you know what your talking about.

Right now he has the kids in the shop building Figure 8 track cars for a local fair. I believe he is in his 60's and still drives in the races. He is a true gearhead to the death. And smart as hell

And Bikeman Congrats on the ASE's.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by bry2500 View Post
    My old autoshop teacher is retiring soon you should move out here and take his place. He has big shoes to fill though. He was a former funny car drag racer, and ASE master certified technician at a local Chevy dealership. They need someone good to replace him and I can tell by your posts you know what your talking about.

Right now he has the kids in the shop building Figure 8 track cars for a local fair. I believe he is in his 60's and still drives in the races. He is a true gearhead to the death. And smart as hell

And Bikeman Congrats on the ASE's.
    That would be quite a move for me from NV to MA! My wife and I like living in the desert although it's only 45 minutes to Lake Tahoe. Thanks for the offer though!

Congrats! WTG!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12