GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default The best Brake pads & Rotors?

Hey guys the time has come to finally replace my brake pads and rotors but don't know what to go with. I have the oem brakes on there now and have lasted me 3 years... I don't drive it much but when I do it's for long distances and I'm towing a trailer with 3-4 quads. What do you guys recomend? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Raptrax; 06-17-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

What are you driving and the Year?That would help on giving you some Advice.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Legend
    Blog Entries

Mike I think he has a 2004 Silverado, I just checked out his introduction and he said he has had it since 04'??? So we know it's a something something Silverado, I have no suggestions for rotors but I use Green stuff brake pads from Summit Racing on my Silverado and I love them.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

There are many to choose from.I'm Running Stainless Brake Company's Slotted Rotors and Hawk H.P. Ceramic Brake Pad's,for me they have been a Big Improvement over Stock.It comes down to what you are looking for in new brakes and What you are wanting to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Mike I think he has a 2004 Silverado, I just checked out his introduction and he said he has had it since 04'??? So we know it's a something something Silverado, I have no suggestions for rotors but I use Green stuff brake pads from Summit Racing on my Silverado and I love them.
    Thanks Amy,

look into baer decelarotors, my buddy has them on his f-150 and they are awesome. not sure the pads tho. they are crosed drilled and slotted as well
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Thanks guys sorry I forgot to add that info huh... 2004 Chevy silverado 4x4 bone stock... I do a lot of trailering and would like a little better braking. Looking to spend around 600 bucks. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Thanks!!! Are those green stuff brakes made from organic materials? The number one attribute I would like in my new brakes is for them to produce little to no brake dust... I can't stand brake dust. The stockers are real ly good in that department but suck every where else.

9. Thanks Bluewater thanked for this post

What do you guys think of the EBC rotors? Good? Bad?

Legend
    Blog Entries

The reason I buy the green stuff brake pads are because they have little to no brake dust, I have never had EBC before but I know they are popular because I see them sold almost everywhere. The also have what's called yellow stuff, and those give off NO brake dust but they are a lot more expensive because they are high performance brake pads. The green stuff pads are actually made for large trucks, so they would be good for trailering around stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by