GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina or really in a little town called Socastee

Default What's the best thing to shine polished alluminum wheels

I've been using Maguires polish alluminum, and it works good, was wandering if anybody knew of something else that might work really good!?

GM Crate 350 w/Summit Racing Performance headers
    flowmaster super 40
    60 series tires
    16' polished alluminum rims
    New Interior

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by ki4kma View Post
    I've been using Maguires polish alluminum, and it works good, was wandering if anybody knew of something else that might work really good!?

IF they are not clear coated. Adams metal polish is the best in the business.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I just recently switched over to Wenol, and that is some seriously good stuff when used with a Flitz ball! I used it on my billet grille, and it looked like chrome when I was done. The red tube is for really badly scarred surfaces, and the blue tube is for soft metals such as chrome or billet. I paid $10 for each toothpaste tube of it at a local swap meet, and that is what I am going to use from now on. I also used it on my diamondplate tonneau cover, and it made it look almost like glass. It was so dirty I had to use two coats of that stuff, but the nice thing is that it leaves a coating that is almost like wax.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I use MOTHERS....

Mothers secret formula balances a brilliant shine with easy use for aluminum wheels and parts, brass, alloys and accessories. Mag & Aluminum polish is strong enough to put a shine to the most neglected metals and gentle enough to use on a regular basis.
    John

06 Red GMC 4X4 CrewCab 4.8L
    MagnaFlow Muffler
    Lubed by AMSOIL...

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I just recently switched over to Wenol, and that is some seriously good stuff when used with a Flitz ball! I used it on my billet grille, and it looked like chrome when I was done. The red tube is for really badly scarred surfaces, and the blue tube is for soft metals such as chrome or billet. I paid $10 for each toothpaste tube of it at a local swap meet, and that is what I am going to use from now on. I also used it on my diamondplate tonneau cover, and it made it look almost like glass. It was so dirty I had to use two coats of that stuff, but the nice thing is that it leaves a coating that is almost like wax.

Is that like a polishing ruge

Mothers works best.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I will be honest and say that I am not sure what Rouge is completely, but it is best when applied with a buffer. I did my billet grille by hand, and it took 3 hours of some serious labor to make it look like chrome. When I did my tonneau cover I used the flitz ball, and basically all you do is apply it by hand like wax and let it sit for a few minutes and then buff it off with some kind of a polishing wheel or buffing ball. I use the red stuff to break all of the oxidation off, and then I use the blue polish to make it really shiny. I know this probably didn't help, but I don't know how else to explain this stuff.
    2004 Chevy Colorado

Blog Entries

i use mothers also, they usually have it at pepboys or kragen.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I will be honest and say that I am not sure what Rouge is completely, but it is best when applied with a buffer. I did my billet grille by hand, and it took 3 hours of some serious labor to make it look like chrome. When I did my tonneau cover I used the flitz ball, and basically all you do is apply it by hand like wax and let it sit for a few minutes and then buff it off with some kind of a polishing wheel or buffing ball. I use the red stuff to break all of the oxidation off, and then I use the blue polish to make it really shiny. I know this probably didn't help, but I don't know how else to explain this stuff.

A rouge is basically what you use for metal or any kind jewerly you want to get shiny. You usually use a buffer to apply it.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Oh well in that case then yes it is a rouge, because on the back of the box it says it's perfect for jewelry. Sorry about the mental relapse, but it is great stuff to use on aluminum.
    2004 Chevy Colorado

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast