GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Engineer

My biggest complaint about the Whipple is the lack of intercooler. I have seen a few engines go due to the #7 cylinder not being able to hang on. I am a huge fan of the Magnachargers as they are intercooled and have a proven track record.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Did you have a REALLY big sticker??? No I'm sorry I couldn't resist saying that, you are the reason why I am going to try one. I liked the whistle sound in your video, hell at least it has something to show versus that F^@^@& intake I bought from K&N!
    i like the whistle noise too lol

thats the only reason people have it.

<<<< trying to say whats better for you but flame away at my sticker i still <3 u.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

all i know is that it must make some kind of difference because why would there be so much difference in my wifes suburban and my tahoe as far as mileage goes if they didn't work? we both drive pretty much the same too so it's not just the driver that is the factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ProFuel View Post
    Does any one have any experiance with whipple supper chargers, I would like to install one but there is always thowes hidden secrets that nobody tells until it blows the engine up.?????
    I have a whipple I like it a lot please feel free to pm me if you have any questions, Im not a dealer just a guy that has one.oh and to keep with the thread save your money on the tbs,if you increased mileage after adding it you problably have forgotten that you aired your tires up soon after installing it.
    Last edited by zubbiez; 06-25-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

I had a magnaflow 3" exhaust and a kai on my 4.8l 06, i put a helix power tower tbs on, it was easy to install. Afterwards i noticed the hills on my regular comute seemed to be alot flatter and had more torque when towing, it wasnt a huge differance but it was there, these are the areas where the tbs is desinged to make a differance. On regular intown driving with no load they wont make a noticable differance. I looked into it before i bought it, after the air passes the trottle body it has lots of turbulance the idea of the tbs is to staighten out the turbulance and put a spin on the incoming air much like when you pull the stopper out of a full sink and the water spins out like a tornado, this is the fastest way for the water to get out. It also sounds cool and comes with a go fast sticker, lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daddytech View Post
    all i know is that it must make some kind of difference because why would there be so much difference in my wifes suburban and my tahoe as far as mileage goes if they didn't work? we both drive pretty much the same too so it's not just the driver that is the factor.
    Because you have a TBI engine,

spacer makes wonders for TBI engines.

I have a trans dapt torque swirl TB spacer on my truck and it helps out in my opinion. Better low end pulling power and MPG went up slightly also.
    1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 210K miles:
    350 Vortec/4L60E, 3.42 posi, Underdrive crank pulley, K&N filter, Superchips power programmer, mallory coil, true dual exhaust, torque swirl TB spacer, and more!

1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA- L98 Superram
    1992 Subaru SVX LS-L- Way too many mods to list!

Sr. Engineer

Makes sense, as you have a 97.

MY 97 is not TBI though if thats what your getting at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by budfreak View Post
    MY 97 is not TBI though if thats what your getting at.

specs on your motor?