GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default American flag banned in Texas Hospital

Wow, I drove past a small protest that went on in front of this small Hospice-type hospital. I turned around to see what they were protesting, looked some some good old boys out front with an few American flags flying out by the street with some signs that I couldn't read.

Never thought it was national news.

Texan Woman Told to Remove 'Offensive' American Flag From Office

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...59%252C00.html

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

HAHAHA, I actually drove past and remember a redneck looking dude carying a sign that said, "DON'T TREAD ON ME!" I was like, what??? Are we back in the revolutionary war or something?

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...1.509c127.html

Seven or eight protesters carrying signs and American flags arrived at the small hospital on Cooper Street shortly after noon Wednesday.

Chuck Smith, who wore an NRA gimme cap and an American flag shirt, appeared to be the organizer. He was not impressed that the hospital company invited McLucas to re-hang her flag.
    "The only reason they are backtracking is that the Americans showed up outside their door," Smith said. Nearby, a sign stuck in the ground said, "Kindred offended by Old Glory? Don't Tread on Me."

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I know the unnamed co worker, she has an attitude about anything patriotic.
    She once made one of our Service Technicians leave the hospital and complained about him to our Field supervisor because he had an American flag and USAF patch on his uniform, she felt it was inappropriate for him to wear while representing our company. Our Territory manager asked us to avoid her and not antagonize her. Mostly because I threatened to wear some of my U.S. Navy shirts to the hospital and tell her to kiss my a%% if she had a problem with them.
    It sounds like she needs a lesson on how to properly treat the American flag, if that doesnt work for her maybe she can go back to the country she came from.
    Why would a person with this attitude willingly become a U.S. Citizen?

Being in the military stories like that sicken me. I just can't believe how someone can be offended by the American flag when they're here from another country. If they don't like it they should get out.

-Greg

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Crakums_GT View Post
    Being in the military stories like that sicken me. I just can't believe how someone can be offended by the American flag when they're here from another country. If they don't like it they should get out.

-Greg
    I am a vet and I totally agree! I'll have to be "restrained" if someone has anything negative to say about my flag in my office.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Legend

Up here in MN just last week they tried to ban a high school kids confederate flag window decal. it was a big one across the rear window of the cab in the pick-up and even up here in MN they said it would be violating his constitutional rights of freedom of speech. So this guy would have a proven court case on his side. They cant even ban the KKK because its their constitutional right to freedom of speech and this falls under the same category, he has the right to were anything he wants and to have anything in his office, I would fight it, its BS
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Quote Originally Posted by retired2001 View Post
    I am a vet and I totally agree! I'll have to be "restrained" if someone has anything negative to say about my flag in my office.

My first post on this site, I can't believe this story. I'm also a vet and I'm just blown away that someone would protest! Who do they think gives them that FREEDOM!

I agree with you 100% retired2001...

Ed

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Steve that guy you saw with the "Don't tread on me!" sign, he was probably just another Metallica fan showing his support.

I don't even know what to say to this thread without getting real nasty, but it is a shame that people do things like this and think that they are justified in what they say and do.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I, too, am a vet. This stuff is happening way to much and I hope the mentality changes. Freedom of speech should be allowed, but not at the cost of the symbol of that freedom.

Off the subject, but relevant - while working as a peon at a government building, I was assigned the task of replacing the large flag (dealership size) at the main entrance. As I prepared the flag, I noticed the "Made in China" tag in the lower corner.
    I contacted management and refused to put the "Chinese Colors" in service. They agreed and bought a new, home built version.

D

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Legend

I can probably top your stories (sadly though). I work at a nucleat plant in MN. We had some international visitors coming to our site, and to honor them they took down the MN POW/MIA Flag and put up the Japanese Flag in its place. I have served and my grandfather was a POW in WWII and holy crap did that piss me off, to show respect for some visitors they disgraced the men and women who helped give us what we have today.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast