GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default wanting to put a lift on my zr2

Ok, so have a zr2(my sig isnt my truck hehe) and i dont know what to do. I dont have to much money but i can get it shorty. I dont wanna spend to much but i want to get my truck sitting up pretty high. What should i do with my wallet in mind?

heres my tuck right now:
    http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...237b3d4202.jpg

2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2

bump please i need help on this

2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2

http://rockymountainsusp.com/GM_S10_4wd.htm

check out this site, they have a good selection and great prices although the selection of lifts for your truck seem limited. you could do a Performance Accessories 3" body lift for around 250 bucks, or a suspension lift that would be around 1500 or more. Suspension lifts are much better as they actually lift the truck by the using newer suspension parts, but body lifts are good when you just want that little extra clearance for the bigger tires. however they dont give you any higher ground clearance as they just lift the body off of the frame by using spacers. I had a body lift on my truck and never had a problem with it tho
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

alright thanks for replying you helped me out alot thank s

2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2

Would the 2'' superlift actually make a big difference or what?
    and also could i put the BDS 5'' suspension lift on my truck?
    Last edited by muddmonkey; 06-21-2009 at 11:13 PM.

2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2

a 2" wont do to much, but yes it will make a nice difference. a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift would make a nice change as well. As for your question i assume you mean install it? you could do it in your garage yes, but you need all of the necessary tools and another set of hands or two. you can do it with hand tools, but air tools go a very long way and will make the job much much easier. what site did you see the BDS lift on?
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

i seen it on BDS's web site

2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2

Well the silverado comes with a rake (front end is about 2-3" lower than rear)..That's why they call it a levelling kit...Anyways, for all you guy that wanna stick the spacers on your coil springs i discovered a trick!...The directions say to tak off pretty much the whole front end (tie bars and all)..I discovered that you can rent the spring compressor at autozone, jack the car up and compress the springs enough to where you can just fit them right up in there!...As the springs moves back into place its hard to keep the spacer onm the proper spot but zip ties really aided in this area...Just tie one(heavy duty kind works best) to the coil springs where you want it to stay and proceed with decompressing springs...it wasn't a cake walk, and i highly suggest an impact ratchet(compressed air)...But once you get the hang of it, the other side with be easy!

PS: this will indefinately work on 99 00 01 02 2wd silverado levelling kits..I'm not sure if the 4X4 ones have a different setup...i would imagine they do..thanks to PETE95 sierra for the guidance and whereabouts of those rear leaf spring blocks...30$ at autozone....it'll fit lotsa 2wd trucks!
    Last edited by bmxr123; 06-23-2009 at 03:12 PM.