GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sr. Engineer

Default Adam's Polishes Review

I bit the bullet and picked up some Adam's products to see if all the hype was sort the extra $$$. It took a few weeks of waiting since I got all of it due to the weather here, so my Tahoe was needing a bath BAD!

I was able to wash, clay, polish and wax the Tahoe in just under 3 hours (by hand) . That to me speaks volumes as it normally would be a 6-7 hour process with using the Porter Cable and the other detailing brands I had in the garage. I followed Adam's suggested procedure and was impressed with how easy everything was to apply and remove.

It has been a week since I detailed the Tahoe, and I knew the TBSS was in need of some love, so I gave it a full detail today and washed the Tahoe. I used the same steps and same products:

Cleaned engine bay with All Purpose Cleaner
    Cleaned the wheels, wheel wells, exhaust tips with All Purpose Cleaner
    Hit the entire truck with Foam Gun and Dawn (let foam soak for a bit)
    Clay bar and Detail Spay entire truck
    Used Swirl and Haze Remover and Revive Polish (both on same pad) on all panels---saved a ton of time here! (microfiber to remove)
    VRT (Vinyl Rubber Trim)
    Glass Cleaner
    Adam's Americana Wax (thin coats)

Love the Foam Gun!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.

Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

Two Very Sharp Looking Rides...

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Sr. Engineer

Thank you sir, looks like we were thinking along the same lines today!

Legend

Blog Entries

So how do you rate the Adam's stuff, besides it having cut down on the detailing/cleaning time? I can use plain water and I can do the whole Suburban in under 30 minutes.. but it comes out looking like crap! LOL

I used the Meguires (I never am sure how to spell that...) stuff last time and it seemed to have work well. I did the spray wax from Flash (vendor) and it worked well to bring on the shine.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Jr. Engineer

Jenna did you use the Fine machine Polish at all on the white pad. Glad you like your products frome adams. That is all i use and in my opion nothing is better. And the new paste wax is excellent. Also there butter wax is good also. What i like is efortless and great shine.

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    So how do you rate the Adam's stuff, besides it having cut down on the detailing/cleaning time? I can use plain water and I can do the whole Suburban in under 30 minutes.. but it comes out looking like crap! LOL

I used the Meguires (I never am sure how to spell that...) stuff last time and it seemed to have work well. I did the spray wax from Flash (vendor) and it worked well to bring on the shine.

If you are looking for something quick you would want to use there brilliant spray glaze. Which you apply with a mf pad and wip off. There detail spray is good for a qucik shine enhancer also. If i were you i would keep it waxed. With the americana wax every 6 months do a coat. THen just wash it evertime you would normally and hit it with the detail spray and some brilliant spray glaze and you will have a shining Burb.

Sr. Engineer

I was using Meguiars and Zymol products for all my details but I figured I was due for a change. This stuff is easy to apply and has a good finish. Both cars only have one layer of wax, I will probably put another layer on and hit it with the glaze.

Quote Originally Posted by 97chevz71 View Post
    Jenna did you use the Fine machine Polish at all on the white pad. Glad you like your products frome adams. That is all i use and in my opion nothing is better. And the new paste wax is excellent. Also there butter wax is good also. What i like is efortless and great shine.
    No I didn't, just used the Revive Polish and applied by hand with the microfiber pad. I was a tad concerned with the Americana at first, as it didn't seem like it was going on, I am used to waxes showing a film right away.

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by JennaBear View Post
    I was using Meguiars and Zymol products for all my details but I figured I was due for a change. This stuff is easy to apply and has a good finish. Both cars only have one layer of wax, I will probably put another layer on and hit it with the glaze.

No I didn't, just used the Revive Polish and applied by hand with the microfiber pad. I was a tad concerned with the Americana at first, as it didn't seem like it was going on, I am used to waxes showing a film right away.

With the american you should rub the applicater across the wax until it get warms up and goes onto the pad as a fine liquid then you should be good. Another way is to put you hands on the wax and rub back and fourth until you get it warm. The reason you want to do this is because it is a paste wax so ou want to get it to a liquid so you can put it on the car. Not a liquid like a liquid wax. If you have anymore questions dont mine to ask them. And with paste also you will get a better shine than liquid because you can get more carbuna wax in the product. And if you ever want to put a sealer on your car the Super machine wax does a great job. It is more like a sealant because it does not have carbuna. Because Carbuna=Shine. You might know this but i am putting it out there just incase you dont.

Legend

Blog Entries

Ok, I have NO clue what you are talking about.

*sighs*

Ok, here's what we'll do... I'll bring my Suburban by, I'll let you go ahead and do the wash/wax treatment like you did with your 'hoe while I do other stuff so I can get the entire look all at once. Then I'll see what the difference is, before and after, so i can get an accurate read on how the Adam's stuff does.

I need to work on my Tom Sawyer.... ("oh no, painting this fence is SO much fun.. too bad YOU can't do it too...")

Thanks for the input, though! I'll have to give them a look once I get used to how my present stuff works out.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Jr. Engineer

Ok, I have NO clue what you are talking about.

*sighs*

Ok, here's what we'll do... I'll bring my Suburban by, I'll let you go ahead and do the wash/wax treatment like you did with your 'hoe while I do other stuff so I can get the entire look all at once. Then I'll see what the difference is, before and after, so i can get an accurate read on how the Adam's stuff does.

I need to work on my Tom Sawyer.... ("oh no, painting this fence is SO much fun.. too bad YOU can't do it too...")

Thanks for the input, though! I'll have to give them a look once I get used to how my present stuff works out.

You will not be sorry with adams at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast