GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Default OMG GAINED 15 HP THROTTLE BoDY SPACER

They were good for the older engines when the fuel was sprayed before the throttle body and air mixed with the fuel, but now its sprayed after the throttle body so this does nothing but make a cool wanna be turbo whistle!

thanks to a friend on gmfs, where i got the picture.

You might even lose power using those tornado things since your slowing the airflow down.

i would recommend you save your money for a cold air intake or some long tube headers or full built exhaust.

Source:
    http://www.dodgedakotas.com/boards/per/153.html
    http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/show...le+body+spacer
    http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/show...le+body+spacer
    Last edited by 2ToNe04; 06-19-2009 at 08:33 PM.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

yea they've never made since to me either, but some people swear by them,
    Last edited by zubbiez; 06-16-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

Blog Entries

only thing they can be used for, is a hacked up nitrous plate

Cool OMG Gained 15 HP THROTTLEBODY SPACER

I talked to the owner of Vararam last year and he said the spacer are good for a little more torque because of the extra intake volume and not beccause of the swirl design. Also very little hp if any on some engines. He makes them for the LS car motors with no swirl designs. I took my Airaid off my truck and cut off and smoothed of the swirl part and reinstalled. It seemed to help a little with throttle response.

i noticed a 2mpg change on gas mileage, and it also gave me a little bit of torque and throttle response on my truck, plus the whistle does sound kinda cool when you get close to red line

Legend

I'm no physicist but it just makes sense to me that there is no way a spiral groove on the outside of an orifice that takes in air is going to create a spiral effect on all the air entering into it. It's more likely that the tornado things would do this, but at the risk of decreased cfm. The only thing I see these spiral cut grooves would do is create more turbulence, which would also decrease air flow to a degree. Though not even remotely as much as the tornado would.

It's just my opinion but these are about as effective as fuel line magnets.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

the basic theory is the more air you can get in the more power it will make you have to think of your motor as a over glorified air pump if you raise your intake volume then you will gain a few just like superchargine or turbo's they force more air in then what naturally flow in

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grimreapersshadow View Post
    the basic theory is the more air you can get in the more power it will make you have to think of your motor as a over glorified air pump if you raise your intake volume then you will gain a few just like superchargine or turbo's they force more air in then what naturally flow in

agree but, spacers dont suck air..... there just there, how is a peice of 1 in thick metal gain mpg's or hp's....... if the engineers wanted to make it 1 in thicker they would of.If you want something better upgrade to a 90mm throttle body.

I thought the TBS simply increase the volume of air....which is something most engineers of an auto maker dont foucus on.

I purchased a TBS a day before this post. I may set the truck back to stock settings as right now I have a performance tune programmed. See what she drives like then.

However, I will say I did notice a difference in the ol girl after I installed it. Nothing earth shattering...

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Legend
    Blog Entries

I bought a BBK 85mm throttle body for my last truck, and that turned into a nightmare. The part itself cost $300, but then it took me almost 3 days trying to get the A/F ratio under control. Even then I ended up with a ton of black soot in my exhaust, I ended up taking it off after 3 months because of several other problems it caused. If you do buy one make sure to get it professionally adjusted, because you will be all over the place with that thing and I wasn't ready to jump into a tune then and I still am not ready. I thought about giving the TBS a shot just for fun, Summit Racing has there brand for $50 so I must try it out???
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by