GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default turn signal problem

I was hoping you guys can help me out. I did search the forum but didnt quite find the answer I was looking for.
    My turn signals quit working the other day while I was sitting at a light. The brake lights and emergency flashers all still work fine. If the flasher was bad wouldnt the light just stay on and not flash? Do the turn signals use the same flasher as the emergency flashers? If not where is the turn signal flasher?
    I'm thinking the turn signal lever/switch in the steering column could the be issue, any help would be great.
    Its on a 95 suburban 4x4 1/2ton if any of that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    I was hoping you guys can help me out. I did search the forum but didnt quite find the answer I was looking for.
    My turn signals quit working the other day while I was sitting at a light. The brake lights and emergency flashers all still work fine. If the flasher was bad wouldnt the light just stay on and not flash? Do the turn signals use the same flasher as the emergency flashers? If not where is the turn signal flasher?
    I'm thinking the turn signal lever/switch in the steering column could the be issue, any help would be great.
    Its on a 95 suburban 4x4 1/2ton if any of that matters
    On my 93 the turn signal flasher is on the fuse panel that is mounted to the firewall in the driver's side footwell on the interior.

The hazard flasher is a separate flasher that is mounted in a bracket under the dash to the left of the steering column. I was able to locate the hazard flasher by turning it on and following the "tink, tink, tink"

The Autozone website lists the location of the 95 burb flasher in the same area under dash on the left side of the column.

btw, as a safety feature GM used a flasher that would blink faster when a bulb was out. A "heavy duty" flasher removes this feature.

The other components that are in the signal circuit are: the brake light circuit and the turn signal switch.

Usually, the hazard and signal flashers are the same type. You might be able to swap the flashers and see if they problem follows the hardware or stays within the circuit.

And let us know what fixes your trouble.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap