GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    *coughs**coughs**coughs*

*coughs**coughs**coughs**coughs**coughs**coughs*

Its all good I was just trying to help him out. But seriously you should get that cough checked out I hear there’s a bad flu bug going around.

Wow that tennis ball thing is pretty cool! Im gonna have to try that sometime...hopefully not when i actually lock myself out lol

Legend

Blog Entries

lol - I think it's the swine flu thing. I had a bacon sandwich this weekend and haven't felt well since..

Jodo - you are kidding, right?
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Ok I have to debunk the cell phone thing.
    Phones operate on a full duplex system they transmit sound as we can hear it. The mic picks up the pressure waves of sound and the phone sends it as an electronic signal (digital in most cases) through a system. The receiving phone also full duplex does the same thing. There is no way a phone can transfer an RF signal. Microphones are simply not designed to pickup that type of signal. Nor are the phone companies charging for RF signal passing. I'm sure they would if they could.

I am surprised it worked for the other guy.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

i have gotten the cell phone trick work b4 but it only works on the cheap install it urself clicker kits u buy at o reillys if its the stock clicker the cell phone usually wont pick up the signal
    2008 chevy silverado single cab short bed 4.3
    1960 chevy apache 10 single cab short bed 3.9
    1986 chevy 1 ton flatbed 5.7 (deceased)
    1990 suburban regency edition 5.7 (sold

These days I use my cell phone to open car doors by dialing AAA. (*222 from most cell phones)
    Having spent sometime as a car repossesor one of my favorite tools was the wedge. Early wedges were made of nylon and lifted the door off the frame enough to allow use of various wire tools to open the door lock. The later wedges were the inflatable type and that made it easy to control the amount of wedge and prevent scratches to the paint.

I have improvised by using a wedge made from scrap wood and a wire hanger bent just right.

I'd get one of those tennis ball thingys but I think you have to be blonde for it to work properly!
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I know its kinda late now but for future reference when I locked my keys in my car my buddie told me to put any chevy key in the door and it would work. I didn't believe it would but sure enough it did. I have done it over 20 times to friends and family over the past couple years and it always works

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo View Post
    I know its kinda late now but for future reference when I locked my keys in my car my buddie told me to put any chevy key in the door and it would work. I didn't believe it would but sure enough it did. I have done it over 20 times to friends and family over the past couple years and it always works
    Not true at all. What would be the point of door locks if this were true? Granted, there are cases where more than one GM truck use the same key code - it happened to my stepdad once when he drove my truck for the day but though he had driven his 2005 sierra and the key worked on somebody else's identical sierra.

THAT being said, there is absolutely no way you used any old chevy key on over 20 vehicles and got it to work. I think the tennis ball would have a better chance. No offence intended here, but what you said is just 100% impossible.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

I didn't think is was true either but I tried it and it works. If you don't believe me go try it. I've done it multiple times and I asked myself the same question. Why even have door locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo View Post
    I didn't think is was true either but I tried it and it works. If you don't believe me go try it. I've done it multiple times and I asked myself the same question. Why even have door locks.
    I have tried it. We used to have multiple GM trucks. Keys were always different and never interchangeable. My dad has worked in sales at a variety of GM dealers within the last 12 years as well, so I've used hundreds of GM truck keys, often the wrong one when keys are either labelled wrong or only by color & year. I've also worked in a shop that had a policy of not using the remotes on vehicles, and where keys were not labelled. If there were more than one GM, you would take all the GM keys and find the ONE that worked on that car. Never have I encountered any keys that work interchangeably. I won't deny it happens because I know it does, but I can't with any good sense believe that it could happen that often. I'd have to venture a guess that either you are a master of coincidences or that the door locks on most to all of these vehicles are broken.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast