GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Power mirrors

Default Power mirrors

I have a 2002 silverado 2500HD and I am trying to fix a couple of small things on it. when I try to adjust the power mirrors on either side, they only seem to adjust left/right but not up/down. this seems really odd to me. Again neither side mirror will adjust up/down only left/right. Hopefully this is a simple fix!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ptdavisjr View Post
    I have a 2002 silverado 2500HD and I am trying to fix a couple of small things on it. when I try to adjust the power mirrors on either side, they only seem to adjust left/right but not up/down. this seems really odd to me. Again neither side mirror will adjust up/down only left/right. Hopefully this is a simple fix!!!
    I had this same problem, I started by goiing to the junk yard and finding a mirrior swicth just to see if thats what it was,turned out my switch was bad cost five bucks. Some here will tell u to go get this from the dealership not the junk yard which is fine, but i would suggest the five dollar diagnosis verses the 60+ dollar diagnosis. then you can decide if you want the dealer one if it is the problem I think it is because the mirrors draw power from the same point so its not a fuse or ground.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

yeah I think I am going to go to some junk yards, and check in out. there are a couple other things they might have that I need!!

Master Mechanic

yea junk yards are a great place to look.i gotta find a new hitch for mine
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

Blog Entries

check if theres anything under the mirror that might have something to do with it.

or pay 200+ at junk yard

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Quote Originally Posted by 2ToNe04 View Post
    check if theres anything under the mirror that might have something to do with it.

or pay 200+ at junk yard

do you mean something foreign holding it up? would the up/down directions have a different fuse possibly?

do you mean something foreign holding it up? would the up/down directions have a different fuse possibly?
    I cant speak for 2tone on his reply but the mirrors only have one power source if they are going from side to side you have power to the up/down thats why I think its a switch.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

I will pull the switch off and check it out. there should be a voltage present when trying to move the mirror side to side right?

I will pull the switch off and check it out. there should be a voltage present when trying to move the mirror side to side right?
    there should power if the swicth is working. here is a link that shows the mirror wiring diagrams that way you will know which wires to check for power for different directions http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...rmation-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by zubbiez View Post
    there should power if the swicth is working. here is a link that shows the mirror wiring diagrams that way you will know which wires to check for power for different directions http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...rmation-2.html

Nice! thanks! I am going to get into this tomorrow, so will let you know what I find!