GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default air ride leveling kits.

Ok guys, i need a air ride leveling kit for my truck. i need it for the simply fact that i use my truck for a truck and tow large stuff with it. i found a few but they mount to the axle. i need one tht mounts to the top of the springs so i can use it with my lift kit. if anyone has some on their truck can they let me know what they think about them and if its even possible for me to use them on my truck( with my lift) thanks guys.
    Lawrence Lee,United States Navy, Engineering.
    2008 Silverado CC. Z71 4x4. leveling kit on with exhaust hopefully putting on soon

You mean something like this?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AIR-59501/

Don't know if it will work with a lift or not though......
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

Once you figure out what you want, check for it on Amazon.com. I've consistently found them to be cheaper than anyone else on this stuff with free shipping. Who'da thought. They're especially good for Airlift stuff if they carry it. That's where I got my Airlift 1000 bags, but you'll need their leaf spring setup.
    '05 Tahoe Z71
    Mods
    - Volant CAI - SuperChips Cortex Programmer - Airlift 1000s - Centerline Forged 17" Wheels - Sport Rack
    Next
    - Magnaflow Cat Back - Leveling Kit - New Shoes

'81 Corvette
    -Bored and Stroked - K&N Intake - B&M Shift Kit - Straight Pipes to Dual Flowmasters

Sr. Engineer

I don't think you're going to find anything off the shelf.. I ran into the same thing on a much much smaller lift, wanted air bags but with a block in the back nothing would work. I ended up going with overload springs that bolt over the top of the spring pack, put them in 2 days ago. It rides a little stiffer but still better than my old 2500. It only took 15 minutes or so to install both sides, so that part was easy enough.

thats not the answer i was hoping for. lol. well thanks. ill see what i can manage. maybe i can fabricate something to work then. thanks alot.

Default It's a spacer

AirLift does work with lifted applications, and it still mounts the same way as a non lifted truck. It uses the bump stop pad and strike plate. The difference is that you have to use a spacer. AirLift makes one called the Lock-N-Lift, which is widely available to include Amazon. Another way is to go through the company that manufacturs your lift. Most offer a bump stop spacer that may work. Some kits even reference Airbags in the description. Check with the folks you bought your lift through.
    Brian / BigPapa

2008 Silverado 2500 HD
    Duramax/Allison
    6" Tuff Country Lift
    35" Toyo M/Ts
    20" Ultra Wheels
    Edge Juice w/ Attitude Controller (Hot Unlock)
    AFE Stage II intake
    AirLift Rear AirSpring System
    Touch-screen audio/dvd with JL Sub

larryleeusn, what kind of lift method is used for your trucks rear? is it lift blocks? if it is, any air bags that mount on top of the leaf spring will work

thats what i thought 5speed. bc if you didnt change the distance from the top of the spring to the frame then you should be able to use any kit that mounts on top of the leafs. i just didnt know if i was thinking into it deep enough. apreciate all the help guys. ima ask around some shops when i go home on leave.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by