GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Lightning Killed Couple Cows

Well, haven't been posting often lately. but thought i might share a little from my daily life. Going out on the quad today, looking for gophers to shoot, yes shooting gophers is entertaining for me. And Sunday, we had a pretty good lightning storm. And, just shooting a gophers, look over, see two cows laying on the ground, so i drive over there, and yep, bloated. Their heads still through two wires on the barbed wire fence. They dropped straight down, and broke the two wires under their necks with them. I don't know if it would be appropriate to post pictures of the cows. Because, some people might find it disturbing and offensive. But i got pictures, and i can post them, if it's not against the rules.

Just stopping in.

Edit:
    Warning Pictures are graphic, view at your own discretion. Some viewers might now find this content appropriate.
    Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
    Picture 4
    Last edited by ippielb; 06-30-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

I've seen what lightning can do. We had a breeding Stallion struck when I lived in Wy. Had to shoot him because he managed to live through it but was in aweful shape.

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

I'm curious to see the pics, mainly b/c I'm an Agriculture student.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Legend
    Blog Entries

That's crazy, that reminds me of an old X-Files episode called "D.P.O."

I would love to see pictures, I guess because I have never seen anything like that before in real life. All I have ever seen it is on T.V., and you never know if they doctor that stuff up or not.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

We've been having some crazy lightning and rain storms here too for the past week. Email me the pics, s.noguchi@comast.net and I'll post them in the moderator's forum and see what everyone thinks. Maybe you could offer to email them out to people who want to see them in the mean time.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Default FloridaLightning

Last week a rancher down here in the Tampa Bay area lost 18 Brahama all at one time!.. They were all huddled under a tree! 12 cows, 4 calfs and 2 bulls. Estimated value . . .. . a cool 1/4 mill. (They were all breeding stock)

Scoutmaster
    Scoutmaster

Yeah, also forgot to mention, we got coyotes pretty good up here, and one cow was already started to get eaten a bit.... Sending the pictures to ct9a if it doesn't go through i'll send everyone a picture through email, that wants one.

another vote for pics. and it does sound fun shooting gophers

I didn't see anything in my email from you yet. If you sent it already, you may want to try again.

Edit - Or I could give you the right email address. s.noguchi@comcast.net

Legend

Blog Entries

Scott-

Do you no longer have the scott@DodgeTrucksRock.com email account..?...

Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by