GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Maintenance items from the Walmart

So, I've been buying my oil, filters, grease, etc from Walmart for years. Valvoline MaxLife synthetic blend oil, and Fram filters. Regular ordinary orange box. I did switch from the general purpose grease to the multi complex, or whatever they call it. The red stuff.

Am I practicing false economy here? Should I be buying AC Delco or Napa filters, and name brand grease? Every time I'm in Napa, I look at that oil filter comparison display and think maybe I should switch.

Any thoughts?
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

My opinion is no one should by anything from walmart. I have never even been in one and never will. They are the worst thing for our country & econemy and treat their employees like dirt. Sorry I get worked up over that piece of crap store....

Fram filters are not that good, Wix filters are better and you can buy at your local parts store. The best oil filters on the market though are Donaldson endurance and AMSOIL Ea filters.

As far as grease goes there is a diffrece in the cheap no name grease and better name brand grases.

Here is a good link: http://walmartwatch.com/
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Synthetics View Post
    They are the worst thing for our country & econemy and treat their employees like dirt. Sorry I get worked up over that piece of crap store....
    I work for Sam's Club, and Idk about Walmart, but Sam's Club is great towards its employees. Regular 15min breaks, great superiors, etc.. I work in the tire dept., and they give us all the free iced down drinks we can handle, and my supervisor has even paid for everyone's lunch one day.

But I buy oil from Walmart when Autozone isn't running a special. I always buy Pennzoil, and I usually buy the Fram filters. I've never had any trouble from them.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Jr. Engineer

royal purple, or mobil 1 are my preferable choices as they are the best oil we can get here regularily in canada.

1993 K1500 Suburban 350TBI, 378,486KMS on frame, 49,000KMS on Drivetrain. Lots of mods, built for haulin trailers and haulin @$$ :)

2000 K2500 Yukon XL 6.0L Vortec 252000KMS custom CAI, and exhaust...but not done yet.

"If you are dumb enough to do something you don't know how to do, and can't do it safely then WHEN you get hurt its your own fault...BONEHEAD"

Legend

Even if you go and get the results from independent testing on oils, they all are pretty much the same, its the same thing for Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge etc. etc. etc. its your personnal preference. I have used standard 10w30 valvoline in my vehicles for as long as I have had a license along with fram filters and no problems. Just buy what you want from where you want.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Blog Entries

walmart sux.

only some of there stuff is good.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|