GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend

Blog Entries

Default Sorry Steve! - Billy Mays dead, age 50.

'Infomercial King' Billy Mays Found Dead in Home

Sunday, June 28, 2009

DEVELOPING: Television pitchman Billy Mays who built his fame by appearing on commercials and infomercials promoting household products and gadgets died Sunday, FOX News confirms.

Mays was found unresponsive by his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday, according to the Tampa Police Department.
    Police said there were no signs of forced entry to Mays' residence and foul play is not suspected. Authorities said an autopsy should be complete by Monday afternoon.
    Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported.
    US Airways spokesman Jim Olson said that none of the 138 passengers and five crew members were injured in the incident, but several passengers reported having bumps and bruises, according to the station.
    Authorities have not said whether Mays' death was related to the incident.
    "Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Mays wife, Deborah, said in a statement on Sunday.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Blog Entries

WOW! Losing all kinds of well-known people in such a short time.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Legend

Blog Entries

If I hear Mr. T dies this next week....I lose all hope in the future of mankind..
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Legend

Blog Entries

Billy Mays, OxiClean pitchman, found dead

(CNN) -- Infomercial pitchman Billy Mays died at his Tampa, Florida, home Sunday morning, authorities told CNN.

OxiClean pitchman Billy Mays died Sunday morning at his home in Tampa, authorities said.

The 50-year-old known for his shouting OxiClean ads was pronounced dead at 7:45 a.m. The Hillborough County medical examiner will perform an autopsy, Tampa police Lt. Brian Dugan said.
    Mays was on the US Airways flight from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Tampa on Saturday that had a hard landing at Tampa International Airport when the plane's front tire blew out. There were no reported injuries on Flight 1241, US Airways told CNN.
    According to a local Tampa TV station, Mays said: "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."
    The bearded Mays was a spokesman for Orange Glo and detergent OxiClean and appeared in commercials for other products.
    He is featured on the reality TV show ''Pitchmen'' on the Discovery Channel, which follows pitch people in their jobs.
    "It is with incredible sadness that we have to report that Billy Mays died in his sleep last night," said a statement from the Discovery Channel. "Everyone that knows him was aware of his larger-than-life personality, generosity and warmth. Billy was a pioneer in his field and helped many people fulfill their dreams. He will be greatly missed as a loyal and compassionate friend. Our deepest sympathies go out to his family at this time of incredible loss."
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Maybe the End is near...

God only knows!
    John

06 Red GMC 4X4 CrewCab 4.8L
    MagnaFlow Muffler
    Lubed by AMSOIL...

Legend
    Blog Entries

Wow that is crazy, I hope they don't discontinue Oxi-Clean! I have been using that stuff for about 5 years, it works awesome when you put it in your laundry. Boy this is really getting bad, maybe the bad economy REALLY has people down more than we thought.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by detailjohn View Post
    Maybe the End is near...

God only knows!

Sad but I'm starting to think the same thing. This is plum craziness. All these famous people dying all at once....It's downright creepy
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Unbelievable!
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Blog Entries

That sux, he had his own show to, about those pitchmen. :(

RIP

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Legend

Blog Entries

I think you're ok with the OxyClean, Amy. He was just a spokesman for the stuff.

Ok, I really, truly, whoooooooooooolly apologize. Please believe some things I can't control. I should keep it to myself.. but I'm curious to know if eulogies will be delivered...

...IN THE SAME SPEAKING STYLE AS BILLY USED EVERY TIME I EVER SAW HIM SPEAK. THAT IS THE ONE AND ONLY PERSON I'VE EVER SEEN ACTUALLY SPEAK IN CAPITAL LETTERS. HE DIDN'T USE EXCLAMATION POINTS OR ANYTHING HE JUST TALKED IN ALL CAPS AND IT WOULD FREAK ME OUT ALL THE TIME TO THE POINT WHERE I'VE ACTUALLY BEEN ANNOYED AND MUTED THE TV ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION.

Ok, I'm better now..

Apologies!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast