GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default On Market for new rotors and pads

My truck needs all new brakes. I got some money to do this with now. And i need them badly. anyone know of factory strength rotors, with increased stopping power, and high performance brake pads? Also, I'm on a budget.

Thanks.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

As you know there are many to choose from,it come down to what you are looking to spend? I have SSBC Slotted Rotors and Hawk HP Ceramic pads and Stainless Steel Brake lines.With this setup it has been a Big Improvement over the stock Brake setup,
    http://www.performance4trucks.com/Br...pn=SSBA2351019

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Sr. Apprentice

see this thread from a week ago : The best [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Brake [COLOR=blue ! important]pads[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    & Rotors?

If 2 or 4 piston calipers are your thing - Baer, Wilwood, SSBC. Don't cheap out, get some stainless lines too.
    that rug really tied the room together, man.

i am the walrus. shut up donny.

I went with the Summit Racing package. The rotors seem to be of high quality, but the pads aren't the best. Don't get me wrong, they're better than stock and I've had worse, but I've also had better. I personally like the Hawk HP pads (I've only had them on my sports cars though, never on my truck). The Summit package might be a good compromise for performance/budget.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

For rotors, I have had the best luck with NAPA Heavy Duty. For pads, I think I like the performance of less expensive pads better. I have never done brakes with anything other typical autostore replacement style parts, so I cannot comment on the others.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Legend
    Blog Entries

EBC is my main source of braking stuff, they also have slotted rotors but I usually stick with the regular rotors. I use the "Greenstuff" brake pads and they have hardly any brake dust, so your fancy new wheels stay cleaner longer. They also have "yellowstuff" pads, those are high performance pads that create a little more dust but they will make you stop in an even shorter distance.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I forgot to mention that the rotors the came from Summit are slotted and dimpled.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Mhmm, put my truck in the shop today. And damn, $110 an hour for check engine light diagnosis. I didn't want them to change my rotors and pads! That would would cost a fortune! Now, I'll be ordering my brakes and stuff after i get my truck out of the shop, to see how much money i have left from my paycheck.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

For the money I am really happy with the NAPA Ultra Premiums rotors and gold pads.
    The diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits.

2007 NBS Silverado
    LT2 Z71
    2.5" Levelling Kit
    Hood Stripes
    Chrome Grill
    GM Bed Liner & Tonno
    Dick Cepek Rims 18X9
    Hankook RF10 Tires 275/65/18
    De-Badged Tailgate

More Mods Coming

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    My truck needs all new brakes. I got some money to do this with now. And i need them badly. anyone know of factory strength rotors, with increased stopping power, and high performance brake pads? Also, I'm on a budget.

Thanks.
    Powerslot Rotors, Hawk LTS Pads and Russell Stainless Brake Lines. That's the setup I have on my 2500 and it's a day and night difference from the OEM stuff. Reasonably priced as well.
    2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, Dmax/Allison, Taupe Gray Metallic, Line-x over the Rail & Rockers, S&B Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust, Rigid Dually D2's, Cognito Leveling Kit, Cognito Steering Braces plus much more.

"Suburban" There is no Substitute.:great:

SOLD - My Loaded up 02 2500 Suburban.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast