GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 315/75/16

Cool 315/75-16

If you do serious off-roading stay away from body lifts. We had customers cab and bed rub together big time and others have gas filler tubes and underhood wiring torn apart. All body lift kits were installed exactly per kits instructions. Skyjacker makes a nice 3inch suspension lift that doesnt require dropping the front diff. Its more money than a body lift but alot better. Also 33s is the biggest you should install with 3inch lift if you go off-road . If you compress your suspension when the steering is at full lock anything bigger will rub and maybe bend a fender. Most of your suspension lift companies have recommended tire size/lift charts on-line.

Master Mechanic

ive got a leveling kit on it and just ordered the add-a-leafs.so that part is about done.ive still got some room to crank the torsion bars a little more if needed.and i dont mind trimming a little plastic.(not planning on trading the truck in so im really not worried about resale value or anything like that) itll be a while before i do order larger tires cuz the ones ive got probably have a good 50k miles left on em..just tryin to plan ahead a little.the 285s seem to look smaller and smaller everytime i add somthin to the truck..but thanks everybody!
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=126189

hey man this is the silverado that has 35's on it that i told you about its pretty nice and this blog gives good details on how to set your truck up.

Patrick

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by marine22 View Post
    http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=126189

hey man this is the silverado that has 35's on it that i told you about its pretty nice and this blog gives good details on how to set your truck up.

Patrick
    thanks man yea im gonna have to go with somthin bigger.the 285s just dont look big enough now after the leveling kit and add-a-leafs

ur right mann, their just not big enough at all. good luck with the tires and let me know what you do, i cant get new tires for awhile, i got some military training in Aug and i am going to put them on when i get back at the end of the month when i get an easy couple grand haha.
    good luck dude, your truck will be bad ass with those on there.

Along the same lines of this topic... I plan on getting a 2" suspension lift kit. and i found some LT305/55/R20 Mickey Thompson tires... Does anyone know if these tires will still rub on a 2" lift kit? it's only a 33" tire...

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L EC/Std Bed 4x4 Flexfuel
    Full Metal Jacket Spray on Bed Liner
    Black Powder coat Diamond Plate Weatherguard Tool Box
    Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust System
    K&N Flat Panel OEM replacement Air Filter
    Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires P275/55/R20
    Black Reflective pinstripe and VORTEC hood lettering
    Billet front bowtie
    Rear Bowtie Delete
    Blue strobe grille lights
    Blue strobe rear window lights
    Blue LED Mini Light bar in front Grille

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by marine22 View Post
    ur right mann, their just not big enough at all. good luck with the tires and let me know what you do, i cant get new tires for awhile, i got some military training in Aug and i am going to put them on when i get back at the end of the month when i get an easy couple grand haha.
    good luck dude, your truck will be bad ass with those on there.
    yea itll be a little while for me too.headin down to florida for annual training for 2 weeks.then i gotta get the bills straightened out when i get back

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Darknesss23 View Post
    Along the same lines of this topic... I plan on getting a 2" suspension lift kit. and i found some LT305/55/R20 Mickey Thompson tires... Does anyone know if these tires will still rub on a 2" lift kit? it's only a 33" tire...
    im not absolutely positive but i would think you should be fine with those

lucky you get to go to florida, i get to go to 29 plams california to do MOUNT Training and get shot at and them bullets hurt like hell. oh well its better than my unit they had to go to Benin, Africa for 2 1/2 weeks, i would have but they ****ed up my passport, what else is new ****in marines. have fun dude and i also heard from a guy yesterday the firestone's Destination M/T last along time and he said if you pay once at firestone for a aligmnet then you get free aligments for life and balance and rotate, he had a 06 silverado Z71 with 315/70/17 which is the sames size that me and you want on our rims and it looked so good too. really think about 35's it just looks too good

Patrick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12