GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    DO IT!! I would say a 2/4 drop will keep it even without going to much to have to worry about going over ramps or speed bumps. I would say get the SS wheels that are just gray and clear coated and powder coat them gunmetal or a dark bronze. As for a hood does the HD still have that little extra bulge like the 01-03 HD trucks have. I would go for a more subdued look but still have a good toughness to it.
    i want to keep some of the rake in it, with the wheels, i might have to get the painted ones because they are a little easier to find, and the 06 1500's came with the hd hood so i already have that

That would be an absolutely beautiful [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]truck[/COLOR][/COLOR] if you did what you showed in the first picture, and use the dual scoop hood. The only problem with that hood is it is fiberglass with a steel reinforced underside, I was looking at buying that exact hood from Good Hoods with the real ram [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]air [COLOR=blue ! important]kit[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and it came out to $1,200 after shipping and everything. One thing I would add on your truck since your going all "SS" on us, is go ahead and get the SS [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]bumper[/COLOR][/COLOR] and get it painted to match. I would also get some kind of insert for your grille too, whether it be Street Scenes SS mesh or maybe a billet insert in 4mm bars. That would set the front of nicely, oh yeah and don't forget about the back of the truck?? SS style [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]rear [COLOR=blue ! important]bumper[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], with maybe some LED tail lights?? I really hope you do some of the things you have listed, because that would definately be a head turner.
    i found the hood for 840, but that doesn't include the paint, i was debating between the ss bumper because so many people use them, im still not sure on the bumper, i dont know what im doing to the rear yet or even the grill?

Do it & leave black as you did, paint black under doors to connect all lines. Use the clear vinyl to protect from chips.
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

i say do it, but not with thte second bumper you showed. it makes it look like it has a fat lip
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Legend
    Blog Entries

$850 is way too high for that hood, Summit Racing has it for $650 check out this link.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KRE-GHG-121/

Keep an eye out because thy offer free shipping on hoods, usually during when they have there shows and stuff. I think you have a pretty good idea of where your going with the truck, so hopefully you can get some of that stuff done to it.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Do it, thats nice.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    $850 is way too high for that hood, Summit Racing has it for $650 check out this link.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KRE-GHG-121/

Keep an eye out because thy offer free shipping on hoods, usually during when they have there shows and stuff. I think you have a pretty good idea of where your going with the truck, so hopefully you can get some of that stuff done to it.
    thanks, that will bring the cost down, i know i can do the color matching of the handles and pieces between the lights my self, so that will bring the cost down. i plan to do the parts from cost low to high

I say GO FOR IT MAN. It looks sharp! Have you thought about the SS bumper? Ive seen it on a lowered truck like yours and it looks sweet. Make sure you keep us up to date as you go. Good luck.
    2003 Silverado Z71 LS
    116,000 miles
    Debaged with cowl hood, for now

id say do it. it looks good. i think a nice add to all that would be the RST roll pan with the exhuast.
    Lawrence Lee,United States Navy, Engineering.
    2008 Silverado CC. Z71 4x4. leveling kit on with exhaust hopefully putting on soon

one more thing. how do you get your sig to be so big? mine always comes up really small