GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default No Chiming Noise?

Hello all! I have an 05 silverado ext cab and the chiming noise when i open the door has suddenly just disappeared. It was working about a week ago and now it and the speaker sound has disappeared. About a month ago my door started to sag so i got my dad to help me tighten the henges back up and get it right. The only sound that comes from the speaker when the music plays is the words and beat, but no bass. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Legend

I would check all the wires that run into the door, with your door sagging it might have nicked something, if no luck I would start at the back of the head unit and check those wires. The door chimes are set throught the stereo wiring.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

the speaker issue, im not sure about - it could be a bad speaker or a bad stereo. im not sure....

I had the same issue with the chime. For the longest time, i assumed it was because i had replaced the factory radio. Until i found one fuse was burnt out. Check on your truck, interior left side fuse block, for a fuse labeled INT PRK. My manual did not have any description of what it actually did, and when i found it was dead and replaced it, i was suprised by having my chime come back. hope this helps.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

ok thanks. Im pretty sure my speaker is busted :/ but ill definately check it out!

Sounds like it. I sometimes wish that I could turn off my dinger. I know if you press the latch in the door it will shut off but you have to remember to release the latch before you try shutting it. Do check the fuse though before you start replacing speakers.
    Mike - OREGON

2001 chevy silverado 4x4. 5.3L, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 35" Toyo MT's, 17" Weld Racing wheels, arma coating on rocker panels. No exhaust after cat. Pioneer stereo