GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: new add on

Default new add on

soo the car thing isnt working out its impossible to find a decent import around here and also car shows are becoming really lame and im gettin sick of loosing to these punk kids that have there mom and dad buy them stuff or these stock trucks take home the trophy so im going extreme now and hooking the gmc up with a purge kit. heres a pic and if u dont know what a purge kits is or does here is a video.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJVTIBjQQeo"]YouTube - Zex Purge Kit[/ame]

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well I don't mean to sound like an ass but I'll say it anyways, if your going to just get trophies that's pathetic! It's not about some stupid $10 trophy, it's what you think about your truck that counts. Honestly if you think that a purge kit is going to give you the edge then your wrong, I don't know what kind of trucks your running against but where I'm from it's not what you drive it's how much money you spend.

I will use my friend as an example, he has a beautiful Colorado that he has done everything himself. I am talking shaving body panels, frenching stuff and killer air brush work and candy paint. He has it lifted with all the goodies on it, and he gets no love because he did it himself and I never got any love with my old truck and I had over $100,000 invested in mine! Bottom line they don't give a s%#^ what YOU did, all they want to know is where did you get that done and how much did it cost? People have no respect for what people accomplish themselves so get over it, if you don't like losing stay home! I have been losing for the last 10 years of my life, over $250,000 in trucks and not a trophy one and who gives a f%%%!

Sorry but trophy hunters make me sick, it's what ruins the car shows to begin with.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Well I don't mean to sound like an ass but I'll say it anyways, if your going to just get trophies that's pathetic! It's not about some stupid $10 trophy, it's what you think about your truck that counts. Honestly if you think that a purge kit is going to give you the edge then your wrong, I don't know what kind of trucks your running against but where I'm from it's not what you drive it's how much money you spend.

I will use my friend as an example, he has a beautiful Colorado that he has done everything himself. I am talking shaving body panels, frenching stuff and killer air brush work and candy paint. He has it lifted with all the goodies on it, and he gets no love because he did it himself and I never got any love with my old truck and I had over $100,000 invested in mine! Bottom line they don't give a s%#^ what YOU did, all they want to know is where did you get that done and how much did it cost? People have no respect for what people accomplish themselves so get over it, if you don't like losing stay home! I have been losing for the last 10 years of my life, over $250,000 in trucks and not a trophy one and who gives a f%%%!

Sorry but trophy hunters make me sick, it's what ruins the car shows to begin with.
    wow u are taking this way to far!!!!!.........this has nothing to do with trophies its about doing something to my truck that no truck around this area has, and yea i will say it will help me take the trophys but thats not what its about, car shows are like a vaction for me around here but the problem is people will buy a stock special edition truck and take the show over people like me that have put there blood sweat in tears into there trucks and win it and its kinda bull and alot of shows here get fixed where there friends win so im pretty much just sayin im adding this to stand out more and get the respect that my truck deserves.

Blog Entries

lol out of hand.

The person with most money invested in there ride is obviously the one that takes the trophies, and i guess they deserve for workin hard on it.

dont ya think?

zacky post up your results! sounds sick what your doing to your truck.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

get some pics if you install it looks sweet

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Legend

Blog Entries

Well, that's definitely quite the addition! I would so absolutely LOVE to pop those things off while next to a little rice-burner (no disrespect) at a stop light. Ha!

I know what you mean about the car shows, though. It seems you can go and buy a special edition anything and win over the guy that brought a vehicle to life on his own by working on it for the last two or three years.

The problem when you have the good ol' boy networks at the car shows, no matter what you do there'll always be an excuse as to why you didn't get a trophy. If the tables were turned and you had your mommy and daddy buy you a car for the show the guy that's in the good ol' boy network would win because of all the effort he put into his vehicle.

It's kind of the reason why I won't ever enter one for any of the vehicles I have. It's kind of like the cars you see in the every magazine. "Build Your Own 7 Second Z71!"...with all the information they DON'T tell you, where they should have an *asterix on the headline subject and have the disclaimer..

**if you have $60,000 to put into it and have performance shops as your friends that specialize in everything from engine to exhaust to turbochargers, have the means of making custom performance parts, can drop a $15,000 motor in there and have someone do the entire interior with custom gauges, where you didn't pick up a single tool the entire time.**

Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    Well, that's definitely quite the addition! I would so absolutely LOVE to pop those things off while next to a little rice-burner (no disrespect) at a stop light. Ha!

I know what you mean about the car shows, though. It seems you can go and buy a special edition anything and win over the guy that brought a vehicle to life on his own by working on it for the last two or three years.

The problem when you have the good ol' boy networks at the car shows, no matter what you do there'll always be an excuse as to why you didn't get a trophy. If the tables were turned and you had your mommy and daddy buy you a car for the show the guy that's in the good ol' boy network would win because of all the effort he put into his vehicle.

It's kind of the reason why I won't ever enter one for any of the vehicles I have. It's kind of like the cars you see in the every magazine. "Build Your Own 7 Second Z71!"...with all the information they DON'T tell you, where they should have an *asterix on the headline subject and have the disclaimer..

**if you have $60,000 to put into it and have performance shops as your friends that specialize in everything from engine to exhaust to turbochargers, have the means of making custom performance parts, can drop a $15,000 motor in there and have someone do the entire interior with custom gauges, where you didn't pick up a single tool the entire time.**

yea man thats true for sure about the shows the last one i did was a chruch one and i talked to my jugdes and showed them everything on the truck and the winner ended up bein some lift lime green truck with a cracked hood that was friends with them and the show i did after that i ran into the judge from the show and he told me he had no idea y i lost he and his partner gave 1st to me. but even though alot of shows get screwed over like that i couldnt live without em there to fun and i would encourge u to try one atleast cause i have a good feeling that suv of ur would take 1st in a heartbeat!!!( maybe tiffany will come give u the trophy)

Legend

Blog Entries

Ok, how's about we bypass the whole show thing and I just buy a trophy for me to receive?? Muahahaa!

Actually, the truck has a long way to go yet before it receives any trophies of any time. The camera is good to The Sarge but viewing in person shows a LOT of problems.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Alright I guess I am wrong in your instance, now that I think about it we are on two different playing fields. Have you ever been to a major car/truck show, like Havoc, Goodguy's, or some other big name shows. I can understand if you are just going to local car shows that is different, I had NO competition when going to local car shows. I am talking the big timers, here are some pics from Super Chevy at Norwalk Raceway, Goodguys Nationals in Columbus, Truckfest at Summit Racing. It's all good I guess, as long as you have fun!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/att...1&d=1246746927
    Last edited by TRPLXL2; 09-29-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Legend

Blog Entries

So when does the purge kit get installed and where is it going to go?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by