GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Vibration at all speeds

I have recently bought a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban which is very nice, however I have an issue with a vibration of the truck while travelling at all speeds. I can stop the vibration by accelerating but as soon as the acceleration stops the vibration comes back. The steering wheel does not vibrate it is actually the truck body itself. I have put new tires and had them balanced and the problem still exists. Please help.

Jr. Engineer

UV joints on the drive shaft.... I would start there.

you didn't say if you had 4x4 or not either.

1993 K1500 Suburban 350TBI, 378,486KMS on frame, 49,000KMS on Drivetrain. Lots of mods, built for haulin trailers and haulin @$$ :)

2000 K2500 Yukon XL 6.0L Vortec 252000KMS custom CAI, and exhaust...but not done yet.

"If you are dumb enough to do something you don't know how to do, and can't do it safely then WHEN you get hurt its your own fault...BONEHEAD"

Quote Originally Posted by L0sts0ul View Post
    UV joints on the drive shaft.... I would start there.
    x2.

And make sure the yokes on the driveshaft are not worn. The u joint bearing cups need to be very tight in the yoke.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2COR517 View Post
    x2.

And make sure the yokes on the driveshaft are not worn. The u joint bearing cups need to be very tight in the yoke.
    x3, i read about this on a differant forum

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Default Thanks

It is a 4 wheel Drive. I will be checking the u-joints today. The truck has 120,000 miles on it so I might just change the u-joints as a preventative measure even though they may not be bad. Thanks again and keep the good ideas coming.

I am also going to search again to look for another post dealing with this. I did not see it when I searched before.

Had the same problem with my truck only because the person that owned it before me is an idiot. Someone in the past put a salvage yard drive shaft on it so there were two different u joints and they vibrated so much that it ruined my pinion seal and I had no diff fluid after a while.
    Current Daily Driver:
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - 4WD - 4.8L V8 - True Dual Exhaust Setup, Cat Delete, Cherry Bomb Glass Packs