GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: MX6 shocks

Question MX6 shocks

I just put a 6 in procomp lift with MX6 shocks on my 04 silverado 2500. my question is has anyone used these shocks and what is your opinion. The reason is that I have the shocks turned as firm as they will go and they are still way to soft. On other vehicles I have heard that they are too stiff. Just wanted to see before calling procomp and seeing if the stamped numbers on the shock go with the correct part number. Wanted to see if people liked the shocks or if they prefered another brand.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I love mine! Had em for about 2 years now. Only had to replace one so far, and all I had to pay was shipping. I replaced the ProComp lift with BDS, but kept the shocks b/c I love them so much.
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well I had the Pro Comp 6" lift, with the MX6 shocks on my last truck and it was a real nice ride. I had them set on 4 all the time, and it was a really soft ride but I liked it that way. By the way my truck was a 1500 Z-71, so that might be different than your 2500. They were a very good shock I thought, although I also had one go bad on me at 5,000 miles. It just completely lost all of it's fluid, but the dealer replaced it for free thankfully.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I've heard the MX 6 shocks are good if set to a low number. I went with bilstein and really like them although they are not adjstable. Did you go with a hoop and dual shocks each side. I hear thats recomended if you are going to pull any load, if not you are OK with singles.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by tlperry68 View Post
    I've heard the MX 6 shocks are good if set to a low number. I went with bilstein and really like them although they are not adjstable. Did you go with a hoop and dual shocks each side. I hear thats recomended if you are going to pull any load, if not you are OK with singles.

Yeah I tried them at the low setting too and noticed that on a choppy road they valved nicely. My biggest complaint is more with dips in a road or highway, with those the front in takes about 5 or 6 rebounds before settling at both high and low settings. I only have the singles but dont do much hauling at this point. I guess I got used to the really stiff stock ride so now it just doesn't feel right.

thanks

Enjoy the smooth ride!
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

i have heard decent things about these shocks, although i am not really a pro comp fan anyway
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here