GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 6" RC lift or 4" RC lift?

Okay, I'm tired of ***** footing around in my truck. I want to drive it like it's meant to be. i was looking on Rough Country's website, and they have a new 4" suspension lift.
    http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_99-06_4.html
    But the 6" is the same amount of money.
    http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_99-06_6.html

My truck is in my signature, stock height so far, with 33"x12.50R18 tires. Tell me what you all think i should do, if anyone has pictures of both, it would be greatly appreciated, as it will help me with my decision.

Thanks!
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well seeing as how they are both the same price, I would go with the 6" lift. I would suggest a set of cast CST 5" lift spindles, but I know that you are going to actually use your truck so I won't make that suggestion. So If you lift it even higher with that leveling kit, won't it make your truck have about 8 inches of lift? If so are you going to get even bigger tires, because your current one's might look small on there. But hey for $1,000 you can't beat that price!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

That's the only thing that makes me want a 4" lift, is because my 33" tires will look small with the 6" lift, but then when i want to upgrade my tires to larger ones, i wont need to spend money getting the 6" lift. If i want to get bigger tires, the extra $100 per tire is very convincing to get the 33" ones again. instead of the 35" ones.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat

I would still go with the 6" kit. The 33's could look a little bit on the small side but i know from personal experience that those toyo m/t's will only make it to 20,000 miles if your lucky and if you know how to go easy on tires. I think when it comes time to change the tires you may regret the 4" kit because of the tire size limitations. Personally, I would get the 6" kit and go for 35's when its time for new tires.
    Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great:

Go with the 6". I would personally go BDS though
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

go with the 6in

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Definitely go with the 6"!! If you get a 4", some day your gonna walk outside and say: Man I wish I wud've got a bigger lift!! but If you get a 6" you'll never wish you had got the 4"!! ..If your like me, even with the 6", you'll still wanna go higher!! lol

Last edited by LivysMan; 07-04-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dsrtne1 View Post
    I would still go with the 6" kit. The 33's could look a little bit on the small side but i know from personal experience that those toyo m/t's will only make it to 20,000 miles if your lucky and if you know how to go easy on tires. I think when it comes time to change the tires you may regret the 4" kit because of the tire size limitations. Personally, I would get the 6" kit and go for 35's when its time for new tires.
    Same thing i was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by masterfoxscout View Post
    Go with the 6". I would personally go BDS though
    Rough Country is the cheapest kit, and it's the brand folks around here go by. Personal experience's with trucks with the RC kits have told me rough country is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Z71_guy View Post
    go with the 6in
    I think i am. When I'm done being in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by LivysMan View Post
    Definitely go with the 6"!! If you get a 4", some day your gonna walk outside and say: Man I wish I wud've got a bigger lift!! but If you get a 6" you'll never wish you had got the 4"!! ..If your like me, even with the 6", you'll still wanna go higher!! lol
    Yeah, i have a feeling if i get the 4" it will make me wish i got the 6" and then i'll have to spend more money to upgrade... Might as well save time and effort.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Blog Entries

Get the 6 if your planning on getting at least 35 inch tires but if you want to stick with your tires now go with the four. Either way it will look much much better than the stock stance.