Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: 89 c2500 Help!!!
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
89 c2500 Help!!!
I just got an 89 C2500 for free and I am having some issues with it. Please bear with me as this is my 1st GM vehicle. I have been a die hard blue oval guy for years. Anyway, so here's the scoop. Got the truck knowing it had sat for over a year and needed a tranny. Here are the events that followed so please weigh in. Even if it's to bust my balls for being a Ford guy!! haaa....
Series of events:
1.Got the truck
2. Got it running and it ran great
3. Realized the exhaust was slappy so I replaced it. Cut off the cat and the muffler. I then replaced everything but the cat.
4. Replaced the trans.
5. Realized I had a hung caliper on the driver's side and replaced both calipers.
6. Test drove the truck and it ran great!!
7. Brought the truck home and let it idle in my driveway so I could clean up my tools
8. The truck just slowly dies.
I have tried to start the truck and it acts like it wants to start but runs like crap!
Here's what I've done so far.
1. Checked the fuel pump and the filter. Both good.
2. The TB is getting fuel.
3. Replaced the IAC and the coil. No change.
4. Replaced the MAP sensor. No change.
5. If I remove the hose from the MAP sensor and plug it, it acts like it wants to run but runs really rich and if you try to give it gas it just stumbles and really wants to die.
I am lost on this thing. Any ideas?
Last edited by Superlead76; 07-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.
07-12-2009, 01:06 AM #2
Check fuel pressure and timing for starts. Let us know what you find.There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
High Desert SoCal
93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
02 Honda Civic LX
Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap
07-12-2009, 08:28 PM #3
I would check the timing........for now just bump the distributor a little in both directions and see if it will fire.The diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits.
2007 NBS Silverado
2.5" Levelling Kit
GM Bed Liner & Tonno
Dick Cepek Rims 18X9
Hankook RF10 Tires 275/65/18
More Mods Coming
By TB2K in forum GM PowertrainReplies: 0Last: 07-03-2010, 08:54 PM
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last: 07-30-2009, 01:30 PM
By Superlead76 in forum GM PowertrainReplies: 4Last: 07-07-2009, 07:08 AM
By wl_walker in forum Lifted & Offroad SuspensionReplies: 1Last: 01-14-2009, 12:42 AM
By battallion14 in forum Photo & Video GalleryReplies: 15Last: 09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Tags for this Thread