GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 05 Tahoe heated seats don't work.

Hey all. I'm helping my parents with their 05 tahoe. The heated seats don't work. You can press the switch on both driver and passenger and it will stay lit for about 30 seconds and then turn off. You can keep pressing the switch and the seat will get warmer, but will never stay on. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix. I don't believe the fuses are bad as the seats will heat up gradually if you keep pressing the button. Any info would be great.

I was about to post a similar thread for my truck. My seats are doing something very similar. Well, my passanger seat works fine. My driver seat is acting like Volvite's: when you hit the button it stays lit for about 1-2 seconds (if that) and then turns off. I have not tried holding the button down to see if it warms up.

I did go through all of the fuses yesterday. I pulled each one, inspected it, and re-installed it. None of the fuses were bad. After doing that my back heater started working (to my surprise). The bottom heater was not working, so when I made it home I pulled and resinstalled the remaining fuses (both under the hood and under the dash). This morning the bottom seat worked as well for about a minute and then went back out.

Now it is acting as before: going out after about 2 seconds of being on.

Any suggestions? My first thought was the fuses, but none of them were bad and I haven't had a chance to recheck them since this morning.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully this will help Volvite's problem as well.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, Crew Cab
    6.6L Duramax Diesel (LB7) with an automatic Allison 1000 5 speed.
    Spray-in bed liner, S&B Air Filter, Homemade CAI ram scoop, ball hitch for Gooseneck
    Black toolbox, metallic-black bowtie, 5.5" NV-200C Bumper Off-Road lights behind a blacked-out grille
    285/75R16E BFG A/Ts
    Future Upgrades: Exhaust, CAI, programmer, intercooler, torque converter

Bump? It's been almost a year and still have not found any information on this. The seats still don't work. Anyone know which direction I should go? Thanks.

I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more assistance. I can also look into this with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Thanks. I'd rather not use the dealer as they want 60-80/hr just to look at it. No thanks. That's money that can be used somewhere else.