GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes I plan on taking it to the dealer just haven't had the time yet. I want all the bugs worked out of this truck before i do the mods that void the warranty.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

I am going to hook up laptop to my truck tonight to see if it will tell me. I have SERVICE AIR BAG & the air bag light on. All fuses good, seem to be a lot of things that could affect air bags.
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

Just got home from the dealer. Bad airbag module under drivers seat. They had to order it so I guess I'll be going back.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

At least that should be covered under warranty. I hooked up my lap top (Auto Enginuity) & it wont read anything about the air bag, back to the dealer!
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

All fixed under warranty!

Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Synthetics View Post
    service air bag
    I fixed this problem almost 20 years ago with the help of a divorce lawyer..
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=27862&dateline=124835  8399

Hello, my airbag warning light just came on yesterday. This may be coincidence...but my petite wife just drove it. She is 5'2" and I'm 6'5". Bottom line is I have the seat all the way back, and she has it all the way forward to reach the pedals. Could moving the seat so far have an effect? Thanks, Mark

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

PS...there are no codes thrown in the system. I have a basic OBD II reader, nothing fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzymark View Post
    Hello, my airbag warning light just came on yesterday. This may be coincidence...but my petite wife just drove it. She is 5'2" and I'm 6'5". Bottom line is I have the seat all the way back, and she has it all the way forward to reach the pedals. Could moving the seat so far have an effect? Thanks, Mark

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

PS...there are no codes thrown in the system. I have a basic OBD II reader, nothing fancy.
    Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

PM sent...thanks Tricia.
    -Mark

Tricia could not find any additional info based on my VIN. There must be a diagnosis thread somewhere on the internet...such as how to check the seat sensors and crash sensors. Anyone? Anyone? Is there another forum or website with more information?

-Thanks, Mark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12