GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: How do you change your oil?

Voters
305. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do it yourself

213 69.84%
  • Quicky Lube (Lube only shop)

31 10.16%
  • Dealer or your mechanic

66 21.64%
  • What? The oil has to be changed?

4 1.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by kylegillean View Post
    haha love it. sooo many stupid "know-it-alls" on this site. its ridiculous.
    I change my own. Also why don't you keep your comments about other members to yourself. There's other sites that you can join and run your mouth. Nobody wants to hear the B.S.!
    1997 Chevy K3500
    4x4 X-Cab Dually
    454 Dual Exhaust

Default Change it yourself

Why not do it yourself. I just like to know whats going on with my truck, not some quickie shop. Plus a few friends of mine have had some run ins with quickie shop.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L Z71 - 4x4

Unhappy oil change

Right now I take it in and have it done.. I can't get under it right now, I had a bad motorcycle wreck last June 1st and broke both arms , Had my right shoulder replaced and pins and plates in my left wrist..I can do some things but crawling under the truck isn't one of them at this time. but I will have to fix the door handle and line the door up. The shop wants to much money. And at least I can stand up to fix those problems.
    bsharles

Do it myself. On 3 vehicles. The truck is the new member of the family. It got oil change and trasn fluid change at the dealer before I bought it. I have no idea what they put in it. So I'll be doing it soon. Royal Purple with K&N or M1 oil filter, just like the Vette gets. At least this thing I can just crawl under. Try doing that with a Vette
    2006 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L, Z71, Extended Cab. Tow Mule.
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06, 5.7L, Slightly Modded. Tow Payload.
    2005 Craftsman Riding Mower, 17hp, light mods.

Always do it myself, along with everyone elses!!!

'96 K1500, 5.7
    6" RCD
    35" Toyo M/T On 16" Black Raceline Raptors
    4.56 Yukon Gears w/ TruTrac Rear
    S&B CAI
    Dual Flowmaster 40's
    Camo Wet Okoles
    Line-X Bedliner
    De-Badged

NW BlackDiamond Edition

Sr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

My time is worth something so I take and have it done. I used to do it myself.
    2007 Chevy Silverado
    5.3L Vortec V8
    Black Crewcab
    Chrome tow hooks
    Chrome side view mirror caps
    Stainless steel GM tie down hooks
    Flowmaster turbo with Silverline tips (Dual Exhaust)
    Back Wheel house liner
    Chrome door handles
    Chrome Chevy bowties front and back

only genuine GM oil and filters are used on my truck !!

i have found to get good will repairs from GM are much better if you have maintance records and oil records from the dealer..

had a ring and pinion go out on my 2003 with 56000 miles on it my dealer went to there service rep with gm and got aproval for all parts and 50% of the loabor since i could prove a perfect maintence record starting with the first oil change at the dealer 3000 miles after i bought it..

i keep a folder with recipts of every dollar i spent on the truck...and now with my 2006 i have it on paper as well as on a computer program that starts off with the amount paid for it all the wat to 59 cent turn signal bulb...im told im to much of a prefexitest in maintain the truck and records to prove it..

but when i go to sell them there is a line of people fighting over my toy because they will get a truck that is great shape and ready to start working with records to prove it and the records go with the truck..

Dan

2006 GMC 1500 Long Bed Vortec 4.3
    1982 S-10 Prodject Street/Track with a 327/300hp Motor built up to 415 hp

Smile

Changing the oil my self helps me stay in tune with my baby:love:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    only genuine GM oil and filters are used on my truck !!

i have found to get good will repairs from GM are much better if you have maintance records and oil records from the dealer..

had a ring and pinion go out on my 2003 with 56000 miles on it my dealer went to there service rep with gm and got aproval for all parts and 50% of the loabor since i could prove a perfect maintence record starting with the first oil change at the dealer 3000 miles after i bought it..

i keep a folder with recipts of every dollar i spent on the truck...and now with my 2006 i have it on paper as well as on a computer program that starts off with the amount paid for it all the wat to 59 cent turn signal bulb...im told im to much of a prefexitest in maintain the truck and records to prove it..

but when i go to sell them there is a line of people fighting over my toy because they will get a truck that is great shape and ready to start working with records to prove it and the records go with the truck..

Dan
    With all the money you spent at the dealer ship you could pay for ring and pinion Easy..........But if I had the money I would go to the dealer too!!!

I choose to do it myself. It gives me time to spend with my truck. castrol gtx

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by