GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Former Member

Question Advice on new aftermarket trail lights!!!PLEASE

I just purchased this truck and he had some round lights put on it. Pretty much they suck. they are dimmer than the stock running lights and are point less. Can anybody let me know of a good replacement. I'm looking for trail lights but i would like maybe something rectangular that made it look more flush. any ideas?

Here is a pic

Not good,If it were me I would try to find another Front Valance.Which can be found at a Number of places,Local Salvage Yards,Craigs List,E-bay and also LMC Trucks.Then look for some New fog Lights.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 07-08-2009 at 05:16 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Former Member

yeah the idiot ripped the corners off the stock valence on a snowbank so he chopped it and color matched the valence and the plastic bumper cover. i liked it when i bought it but i don't know if i do anymore. i just want some bright ass lights

Its to bad,I'm not good with lights.but there are alot of members here that will pipe in with some good Infor.to help you out.Would you have any more pics of your ride??

How many watts are the bulbs?
    You can buy higher watt bulbs (probably cheaper than a new set of lights) that'll fit in those lights.
    Also how are they wired, does the power wire come from an underhood relay to the lights or are they powered from the the switch on the dash?

Former Member

i don't know how many watts they are. there isn't even a brand name. they are powered right into the factory fog light switch. which i like. and would like to keep it wired like that. i found a bunch of other lights that your have to add a light switch and im not that good at electrical stuff so id rather buy 2 more high powered lights and just plug em in.

Former Member

i have more pics on my profile gallery. just cell phone pics. camera is at the cottage more coming soon.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well if those are hooked into the factory fog light switch, then I am going to say they are 55 watts. That switch won't handle more than that, I can tell you from experience because I burned one up trying to run 85 watt lights. The previous owner totally destroyed that bumper, what a waste! PIAA makes a front bumper for your truck, that will house a set of 6" lights versus the stock 4" lights. I would recommend anything from PIAA, all of there wiring harnesses are complete and no splicing which is always a plus for me. good luck with whatever you decide!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Former Member

thanks i will check out the PIAA valance. I found a stock valance for around 50 bucks. so im thinking either going back to stock and color matching it and putting in some bright xid lights or do the PIAA thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kylegillean View Post
    thanks i will check out the PIAA valance. I found a stock valance for around 50 bucks. so im thinking either going back to stock and color matching it and putting in some bright xid lights or do the PIAA thing.
    That looks like a Clean ride you have got there!!....TRPLXL2,Know's just about everything there is to know about Lighting.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by