GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dual Exhaust (spare tire?)

Hey guys im going to be in the market this week for an exhaust setup for my 2003 5.3l silverado.
    i wanted to know is it possible for me to get a setup for it to be dual exhaust with one muffler?
    i want the muffler to be one in and 2 out. and i was wondering if i could get a simple bend in the driver side pipe to be able to have dual out in the back one from each side WITHOUT getting rid of my spare tire?
    if you guys have anything that would help me out please feel free to share

You should not have to remove your spare. There are generally three types of exhaust. Single In, Single Out. Single In, Dual Out and True Duals. What you want is Single Inlet, Dual Outlet.
    Current Daily Driver:
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - 4WD - 4.8L V8 - True Dual Exhaust Setup, Cat Delete, Cherry Bomb Glass Packs

i dont know if they have them for that truck. but it can be done... it might take some work

Blog Entries

you shouldnt run into any problem with any exhaust setup involving your spare tire.

your local muffler shop will guide you in the right way.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Thats what i wanted single inlet dual outlet
    my friend and i were the ones who would be putting this in and he said all i needed to order was a builders kit and the muffler and he could do the rest. should i chance it by buying a kit on Ebay or do it myself with my buddy
    i just want 2 tips out the back of my car no messing with spare tires

Any quality aftermarket exhaust kit such as Gibson, Magnaflow etc. can be installed by the do it yourselfer pretty easily. My Gibson system took me about 45 mins.
    Adam

yeah what im looking at is a 18 inch magnaflow
    just worried about the bends im gonna be looking at when im trying to snake it around the spare

The issue is how close the pipes come to the spare.....usually if you have the pipes exit on the side behind the back wheels there is plenty of room. If you want the pipes to exit straight out the back you have to be careful of the clearance. The chevy duals exhaust systems that exit straight out the rear reccommend dropping the spare. They sell a flat tire kit that has an inflator and a fix-a-flat type of repair kit. My father has an 02 2500HD that he had a muffler shop make the pipes so he kept a good clearance and exited straight out the rear. Hope that helps!
    The diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits.

2007 NBS Silverado
    LT2 Z71
    2.5" Levelling Kit
    Hood Stripes
    Chrome Grill
    GM Bed Liner & Tonno
    Dick Cepek Rims 18X9
    Hankook RF10 Tires 275/65/18
    De-Badged Tailgate

More Mods Coming

Thanks bob and everybody else
    i ike the look of 2 pipes exiting out behind the tires at an angle, not really a fan of 2 straight out the back
    that clears my fears of clearign the spare now that you say its easy to get them out the side
    ill go to a muffler shop and get a plan before i start doing anything looks like it wont be as hard afterall

I ran true duels straight out the back of my 97 silverado and never had a problem with the spare a good shop knows how to make it work

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast