GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Resynching fobs help.

Ok, so I tried all the steps in the thread when you hold down the unlock button, turn the ignition to on then off then on then off and the door locks cycle after letting off the unlock button on the door. I can get my tahoe to do that but then when you hold down the lock and unlock button on the keyless remote I cant get that part to cycle the locks and work. Would a remote starter affect this?

Current GM Truck
    2001 Red Tahoe LT 4X4 with 22" rims

Previous GM's
    1996 Z28 Convertible 6M
    1995 Z28 Auto
    1995 Reg Cab Silverado 1500

Guess I will just have to go to the dealership and spend the cash. Man I am gonna hate paying them for something small like that.

Sr. Apprentice

Could be a bad remote, I used to replace these about 4x a week when I worked at the dealer. Open up the remote and clean off any crap on the button contacts of the circuit board. Also try a new battery. If it does need new remotes a dealer has to program them with their Tech 2 scanner. I seem to recall a new remote was about $80 plus $20 to program.

Default hows the circuiter

when I was trying to get my to work I looked all over the web and found out that sometimes the circuits that go to the battery become unsoldered check at the connections. on mine I was able to resolder where the negative power was no longer connected to the circuit board it took all of two seconds and no expense.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

ok, I will check both ideas out. Thanks guys.