GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 04 SilveradoLT, 90Kmiles

How do I get the plastic covering over the outside door handle off? I did find a nut under a rubber grommet on the end of the door, are there other tricks or is this it? I have rust coming thru a cracked in the plastic cover and need to stop it. Many thanks, 1st try using this forum. njs

Quote Originally Posted by njs332 View Post
    How do I get the plastic covering over the outside door handle off? I did find a nut under a rubber grommet on the end of the door, are there other tricks or is this it? I have rust coming thru a cracked in the plastic cover and need to stop it. Many thanks, 1st try using this forum. njs
    I have a link that shows how,
    http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/show...hevy+Silverado

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Thanks but you site is to remove the inside panel whereas I need to remove the plastic cover surrounding the door handle on the outside of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by njs332 View Post
    Thanks but you site is to remove the inside panel whereas I need to remove the plastic cover surrounding the door handle on the outside of the door.
    The only way to get to and take off the outside Bucket,Plastic Piece and Door Handle is by taking off the Interior Door Panel.
    Here is another Link,
    http://www.jsmithlm7.com/silverado/?page_id=69
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 07-12-2009 at 06:03 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Default 99'heartbeat

Thanks for your reply. I did not want to believe that I had to take the inside panel off. I think I will inject some "rust stop" thru the bucket and then some oil and see if that stops the bleeding.
    Regards,
    njs