GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1994 silverado no instrument lights dash lights

hi all
    need some help here......just bought a 1994 silverado ........came from Virginia.......I live in ny
    has never seen a ny winter.....so you know how exciting it is to have an older truck that
    has never seen a ny winter.........

well my problem is with the dash lights....I have none.........pulled out the panel to check the switches.....and ekes its a mess.....some one did some cobbled up work on it.....but anyway
    the dimmer switch for the dash has 4 wires......one is end is hot with on.....other
    is when turning on the dome.....2 center are not hot at all........for the heck of it I hooked test light to the live wire and checked, both center wires again....light does come on....but does not dim when turning switch.....don't know if this is norm.....
    also the heater light come on when key is turned on but goes out when lights are turned on

this is a very] and would like to get lights working.......any help would be appreciated
    maybe a wire would help

thanks a gain Keith

Jr. Engineer

I posted a reply on your other post already... its best just to post in 1 place, as ppl will repsond when they can.

1993 K1500 Suburban 350TBI, 378,486KMS on frame, 49,000KMS on Drivetrain. Lots of mods, built for haulin trailers and haulin @$$ :)

2000 K2500 Yukon XL 6.0L Vortec 252000KMS custom CAI, and exhaust...but not done yet.

"If you are dumb enough to do something you don't know how to do, and can't do it safely then WHEN you get hurt its your own fault...BONEHEAD"

Default ok

ok didnt know if i posted in the wrong spot....thanks

The headlight / parking light switches will get dirty as well as the dimmer switch.

If you are "handy", these switches can be taken apart and cleaned, then apply a new dab of dielectric grease on the contacts.
    92 GMC Sierra 2500