GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My K1500

ya they came on the truck and their brand new cant complain with brand new tires and some of the best 2 boot
    1998 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Blue on Blue- Bedlined Grill, Kenwood Head Unit, Leer Cap.

Soon To Come...
    3" Rough Country Lift, 285/75/16 Goodyear MTRs, Black Tool Box and Backrack, Hunter Truck Accesories Grill Guard, Hella Lights, Uniden CB and Twin 4' Firestiks.

heck yeah. I would love to put a set of Michelins on my truck, but I'm just a poor college student right now...
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

im a poor hs student im with ya i could never afford to put another set on

lol, well at least we are on the same level. I just moved into my apartment, so now I can't even afford a nice set of rims for my new truck...

:( that sux im putting all my money ito fixing whats seems to be like everything. still need power steering. but for rims for my truck im just bedlining mine, cheap and if i dont like it i can hopefully get them podwer coated

I've already done a lot of fixing to my GMC, and I mean A LOT! Both my brothers drove it b4 I got my hands on it, and they didn't take care of it at all. All I know is thank God I worked at jiffy Lube when I first got the truck, other wise I would have sunk probably $300 just changing all the fluids, I mean, the atf was brown for God's sake. I could literally see the power steering pump because it was so low on fluid. The antifreeze resevoir was empty, rear diff was half empty, NONE of the grease fittings had grease in them. The blue specialty air filter was brown. It took two times of using K&N air filter cleaner to get it back to blue. That was just the drive train stuff. Theres probably the same amount of writing if I included the interior and exterior.

i have had the truck for 2 months i have put a wiper motor in, two new batteries because i have dual batteries. now i need a new power steering pump and prob the steering box to i hope i dont but i probably will and while im doing those im going 2 put in new lines, i think i need new sway bay end links but im waiting till i lift it, my rear bumper is rotted everywhere except the last 3 inches on each side, and my tailgate is now flaking off and the first foot on the left side of it is rotted. gatta love new england. my freinds say if i didnt have horrible luck i wouldnt have any at all. and i guess that really is the case

lol, seems like we both have some bad luck. The power steering pump isn't too bad. The hardest part is pulling the pulley off. I changed the power steering pump on my dad's old 95 C1500 way long ago. The only mistake I made was trying to change the pump without a pulley puller. But this is all said in vein if you happen to get you hands on a pump with the pulley already attached. And for the lines, make sure you get actually line wrenches, they are basically the closed end of a combo wrench, but with a slot cut out of it.

ok thax for the tips much appreciated. and seeing how im in new england its probably going 2 be even harder to get everything off

use a penetrating oil, like PB Blaster, let it sit over night. Then if they still don't break, use some heat, preferable a heat gun since you don't want to use an open flame around the flammable power steering fluid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast